♡2♡

The realisation that Jennie had nowhere to go, settled into her. The night was cold and scary. Her arms were shaking and she needed to rub them with her palms to calm herself down. Whenever she heard a sound she jumped up and ran.

Disoriented she bumped into a group of people that were sitting in a nearby park and playing music. They wore flowery accessories and had bongos in their arms. Jennie is pretty sure this type of look and setting is outdated. She figures it's a theme party.

Jennie mingled into the crowd and conjured up courage to talk to these people. She needed to know if any bridges were near or if it is safe to sleep on these benches. Somehow they were not weirded out by her questions. They even told her, the best nearby place to sleep at if you have no money is an alley behind a beer factory.

With their instructions she made her way to her destination. She had the thought in mind that it could be a trap and someone would abduct her if she arrives. But those people were too drunk to be a scheming group of criminals, in her opinion.

She took the risk and indeed a lot of homeless people were gathered there. She wonders why the police hasn't shoved them away yet. Most of them were sleeping but one faint flame was glowing.

The light was radiating from a barrel. Across it a girl was standing. The reddish light illuminated her face. She was much too pretty, even in the dark Jennie noticed that.

Her eyes flickered over, making Jennie flinch in fear. Because as pretty as she appeared, her gaze was cold and blank. It pierced her.

"Are you cold?" The girl asked, void of emotion. Jennie timidly nodded so the girl waved her hand for her to come beside her.

Jennie breathed into her hands and sighed, basking in the warmth. They stayed silently together for minutes. Although Jennie was dubious of strangers because she has seen a lot of shit in the news, she found it comforting not to stay alone.

"Do you have nowhere to go too?" Jennie broke the silence, asking quietly. The sound of the fire crackling in the barrell was louder than her timid voice.

"Nowhere worth to be." The raven nodded.

"In that case, can you do me a favour?" Jennie stepped sideways and faced the woman with a serious expression.

"Money?" The raven cocked a brow.

"No." Jennie shook her head. "Would you kindly marry me?"

The raven stilled. She tore her gaze from the crackling fire and watched the feline eye girl.

"Come again?"

"Marry me please." The brunette fluttered her eyelashes and pleaded.

"Huh?" The raven was taken aback, she blinked continuously. "Why..."

The brunette's eyes glimmered and she took a deep breath. This told the raven she was about to shower her with a long story and indeed she basically told her everything about her life since she was born.

Obviously that was a lot for the raven, she was overwhelmed as she had to listen to the persistent girl ranting for two hours straight. Her feet started to hurt at one point.

"You want to marry me so you have something to counter with in case your parents force you to marry that stranger?" She summed up. "But I'm a stranger too."

"But you weren't hand picked by my parents and you are homeless. You don't tie me as your trophy wife. I have ambitions and I don't want to be held back by my partner."

"I'm not actually homeless. I just really like having a stroll when it's pitch black." The girl retorted. Jennie didn't quite believe her yet, there was something she wasn't telling but she shrugged it off and deemed her as harmless.