♡12♡

The door was closed behind her. Jisoo shrieked as she was shoved into a black van by one of Ningning's lanky bodyguards.

"Can you not act like you are getting abducted?" Ningning scoffed as she sat across Jisoo, buckling her seatbelt and side glancing at her.

"Am I not...?" Jisoo quirked a brow, disbelief lacing her voice.

"I wouldn't oppose to that but I told my sister no funny business, so no funny business." Ningning scoffed, averting her uninterested gaze from Jisoo and looking at her perfectly manicured nails.

"I see." Jisoo huffed a sigh, placing her hands on her lap nervously. "Um, so... I'm sure you have some questions to ask me?"

"I do." Ningning nodded. As the car halted at a red light she stared at Jisoo sharply. "Name. Intentions. Quick."

"Uh, my name is Jisoo. I'm not sure about intentions-" She faltered as Ningning's expression turned sour. The raven lifted a hand and continued.

"You see, she wanted to marry me so we did it spontaneously. I'm sure she told you her reasons already. As for me, I just wanted to help, and I learned how cute and ambitious she is and so I want to protect her and take care of her and--"

"What's her favourite food?" Ningning interrogated.

Jisoo flinched at the sharp tone. She swallowed. "Eh... Sandwich?"

"Allergies?"

Jisoo pondered. "None?"

Ningning's displeased face told her she was wrong. "Flowers." She crossed her arms.

"Flowers?" Jisoo frowned. She bought her a bouquet of flowers occasionally. "She loves daisies though..."

"She does." Ningning agreed.

The car finally came to a stop and the bodyguard guided them out. The two went to an isolated diner and entered the staff door where one table and two chairs awaited them.

Ningning explained that they had to go to a secluded place just in case acquaintances of their parents would spot them together. It could cause conflict and suspicion.

*****

Jennie paced around in the living room, contemplating whether she should give her sister or wife a call to inquire how it is going between them, or just wait it out.

Knowing both of their personalities, she is certain Jisoo will have the patience to tolerate her sister and might look at it as babysitting, rather than an interrogation.

She just left the restroom when heard a furious knocking. It was certain that it was not against their door but possibly the door next to them. So Jennie inched forward and looked through the spyhole.

She couldn't see anyone, she unlocked the door and peeked to the right. A woman was lying on the floor, back pressed against the door with a small messily stuffed bag beside her.

Jennie gave an awkward wave of her hands as the woman's eyes darted to her. She looked crestfallen and wasn't particularly interested in engaging with Jennie. Thus it is not one her parents sent but most likely a neighbour who was thrown out of her home.

"Um...hi..." Jennie said meekly. "Are you okay?"

The woman sighed. "My girlfriend just kicked my ass and told me to sleep in the car, so no. Not really."

"Oh, that's terrible..." Jennie frowned. "I can't imagine what I would do if my wife did that to me." She stated in sincere emapthy.

"You would probably sleep in the car..." The woman sighed, banging her head against the door behind her once more.

"I think I would just sit here until she opens the door." Jennie disagreed.

"And if she doesn't?" The woman cocked her head.

"I would still wait." Jennie pursed her lips. "Just in case she does and we miss each other."

The woman nodded in acknowledgement before standing up. "We are not neighbour's per se cause my girlfriend might break up with me but if she doesn't, then nice to meet you neighbor."

"Nice to make your acquaintance." Jennie bowed slightly as her lips formed a small smile. "You can call me Jennie."

"I'm Bona."

*****

"So if you and my sister were on a sinking ship and there was only one life vest, what would you do?" Ningning asked as she took a sip of her warm tea, graced with milk.

"Gosh these questions, you are so cute, just like Jennie." Jisoo chuckled endeared.

"Hey! Take the questions serious!" Ningning groaned.

"Okay, okay." Jisoo raised her hands in surrender, smiling goofily at Ningning. "If there was only one life vest, I would give it to Jennie because she likes wearing short pants when it's warm, like really short. I wear long pants when I'm on a boat because I know how to turn pants into a life jacket, so I would do that and make sure she floats into safety."

Ningning stared, inspecting Jisoo's face to see if she was serious or if it was another joke. "You are not all talk?"

"I'd like to think I'm not." Jisoo shrugged.

Ningning was about to open her mouth when Jisoo came first.

"But really, I'll shelter Jennie. For real." The raven spoke seriously, her voice a tad deeper.

"We will see how true to your words you are." Ningning narrowed her eyes on her, tapping fingers on her tea cup. "Or if you will back out the moment it gets difficult." She put into the room randomly. "If you consider doing that, leave her now. Because if you don't, and you will let her down, I will make sure you won't have a comfortable life."

Jisoo didn't tear her gaze away, her eyes were unchanged, no trace of the threat making her falter or fear. In fact, Jisoo smiled which irritated the young girl.

"I understand." Jisoo reached over and patted her head. "You really love Jennie, don't you? I won't hurt her, I promise."

Ningning's face flushed, she immediately slapped Jisoo hand away and stood up abruptly, the chair falling down.

"T-That's not--"

"Hey, it's okay to love your family. You don't need to be embarrassed about that." Jisoo gave her an assuring smile. "Besides you are my sister-in-law, so you can lean on me too. If you need anything, tell me."

"I didn't accept you yet!" Ningning muttered averting her gaze to hide her red face. "But...." She turned much more quiet as if wanting Jisoo not to hear her words. "...I guess I understand why my sister would like you now... You have that charming smile and caring personality...."

"I'm the best girl, I know." Jisoo agreed, basking in her compliment victorious. Her silly grin made its way to her face.

"Don't let it get to your head." Ningning scolded, pointing an accusing finger towards the other. "The second you disappoint me, you are over!"

"Yeah, yeah." Jisoo stood up and squished her puffed up cheeks. "Do you want me to give you a piggy back ride to your car?"

"Don't treat me like a kid!"

"I would never." Jisoo feigned to be scandalised. "Want a scoop of ice cream? What's your favourite flavour?"

"Mint chocolate--" Ningning gasped as she realised what she just did.

"Mint choco? Okay let's go." Jisoo grabbed her hand and brought her forward.

She decided to get Jennie a cup of milk ice cream as well while she is at it and bring it home before it melts.