♡5♡

Jennie had a good sleep. She felt warm and comfy. When she opened her eyes, she still saw blurry and had to get adjusted to the light. She could feel pillows and blankets all around her though. She is even sure that she is hugging a doll and when her eyes focused on that, it turned out to be true. A pink rabbit doll to be exact. It was extremely soft.

Groggily she rubbed her eyes and raised her body, leaning against the headrest with her back. The pillow wall then collapsed and landed on her legs.

For a few seconds she just sat there and was confused about the unfamiliar environment. She remembered, she wasn't in her room anymore. She ran away and got married. Right. Married with--

"Darling?" She looked left, no trace of Jisoo. She let go of the rabbit and got on her feet, noticing a pair of fuzzy slippers on her side of the bed.

"Awake?" She heard Jisoo's husky voice when she opened the door to the living room slash kitchen.

"Mhm.." Jennie murmured hoarsely, blinking and watching Jisoo's movements.

The raven searched for a plate from the cupboard and filled it with eggs and bacon after slipping the sizzling pan away from the heat.

"Hungry?" Jisoo moved forward, placing the plate along with a glass and cutlery on the wooden table in front of the sofa.

Jennie nodded, sitting down to where Jisoo pertained for her to take place. She grabbed the fork and while she ate, Jisoo filled her glass with water.

"Non-carbonated right?" Jisoo inquired with a soft smile, still standing beside her.

"Yes. How do you know?" Jennie questioned, facing her properly.

She was taught to eat with manners and always keep a very straight posture. She also swallowed before she spoke up because talking with a mouth full of food would be rude and unsightly.

"In your sleep you basically described the type of breakfast you always wanted." Jisoo's smile became wider, her eyes adoring. "You never even drank non-carbonated water, nor tasted scrambled eggs or bacon. Apparently that was too cheap or something." She chuckled.

Jennie's neck became hot, the warmth spread all the way to her belly. She doesn't know if it is because she is embarrassed, or touched that Jisoo was so gentle with her.

"You don't have to eat like that, you know. There is no one but us here. Sit comfortably, you don't have to chew so long either." Jisoo assured her as she walked back to the kitchen countertop which was three steps apart from the sofa, at best.

So Jennie did something she has never done before. It took her a few seconds and a deep breath but she managed to take the plate and place it on her lap. She even leaned fully against the sofa with her weight.

"I'm not sure if this is a good idea darling. I might make a mess?" Jennie frowned, being unable to continue scooping up the breakfast.

"If you make a mess, you will just have to clean it? No big deal." Jisoo sounded extremely casual while contrary to Jennie it was a big deal.

"Clean? I don't know how that works...." Jennie's frown deepened.

"Really? Well, just eat for now. I will teach you later." Jisoo turned around and pointed to the fork. "Eat up. Okay? No stressing. You can even rest your feet on the table."

An incredulous expression graced Jennie's face. She was almost horrified by the proposal.

Jisoo laughed in response to the cute sight. "Okay, okay. That's too much it seems, but one day my laid-back being will rub off on you."

Jennie smiled, bringing herself to continue eating and this time she didn't hold back with her reaction. She didn't force a blank face, she smiled and hummed. Her hands and cheeks tingling in delight.

She has heard that when you have a partner, you become like that person because you spend a lot of time together. She wonders if that could happen to her.

"Thank you for the breakfast darling." Jennie brought the cutlery and plate to her after drinking the water. "Did you eat yet?"

"I did." Jisoo confirmed and took the plate from her.

"Um, can I help you with washing up?" Jennie asked sheepishly.

"Sure." Jisoo handed her a towel, receiving a questioning look. "You just dry what I give you." She explained curtly in case the wealthy woman didn't understand.

"I can do that." Jennie said determined. This was no rocket science. She can totally manage.

Yet as soon as Jisoo gave her a wet plate Jennie's head formulated equations and malfunctioned. She grabbed the plate with one hand and the towel with the other hand, staring at it for long seconds.

Just rub it with the towel, she told herself. No, that's wrong. Your maids always put it in a machine, they didn't rub the plate as if it just showered, the other half of her brain disagreed.

From her peripheral vision she saw that Jisoo was about to hand her a glass. She had to hurry. Her eyes searched for a similar type of machine her servants used to clean plates with. She couldn't find it anywhere. Time is running, Jisoo is about to turn her face and find out that Jennie is struggling with such an easy chore.

Suddenly a lightbulb appeared over her head. Jisoo never told her to dry it with the towel. As far as she knows the towel might be for herself because her hands are wet from the water and soap that lingered on the plate.

"Jennie what are you doing...?" Jisoo watched the brunette who was blowing air against the plate.

"Drying the plate....?" Jennie countered, her cheeks puffing up as she tried her hardest.

"No, like this." Jisoo snatched the towel from her hand and demonstrated her how it works.

Jisoo wasn't laughing. She didn't even grin cheekily. She made sure to speak slowly and softly, while maintaining a patient expression and eye contact.

Is it weird that right now Jennie feels really enamoured by her wife? Maybe she hit the jackpot.

Jennie ducked her head, her cheeks turning pink as Jisoo gave her the towel back. "Try again."

She mimicked Jisoo's action and rubbed the glass dry.

"Yeah like that." Jisoo cleaned her own hands with a kitchen roll. "Good job." She proceeded to pat Jennie's head lightly.

Jennie's cheeks became even warmer, her heart sped up as Jisoo took her hands and wiped them with the soft paper.

"Thank you...." Jennie murmured shyly. "Darling?"

"Yes?" Jisoo offered her a small smile, encouraging her to continue.

So Jennie gave her a request and hoped she would meet her halfway.

"My workplace? My friends? And my hobbies?"

"Everything." Jennie nodded. "I want you to tell me everything like I told you everything about me."

Jisoo hesitated and averted her gaze which made Jennie backtrack right away. Jisoo is gentle and patient with her, so she should be gentle with Jisoo in return.

"Okay then not everything. Let's start with whatever you want. And even if you just want to tell me your favourite colour for now, I'll take that."

Jennie was encouraging her to open up softly. She realised how overwhelming the situation still is for the both of them and pulled the brakes. She is to curious and eager sometimes.

"In that case," Jisoo faced the brunette. "I'm going to work in half an hour. Would you want to accompany me?"

Jennie's face brightened up. She gave her a nod of approval.