♡26♡

"Don't close your eyes!"

"I-It's too late for me..."

"No way!"

Jennie definitely didn't think on the day of their official wedding her white dress would be tainted with red, and her bride would be sprawled out on the floor, but unexpected things happen and this was one of them.

//Earlier//

The blinding flashes of the cameras and crowd in front of the building greeted their sight as they were glancing from the window of their limousine.

While their parents were already inside to greet the guests, the two arrived mid-ceremony. The journalists have already picked up on their presence, judging by the way they rushed to the vehicle.

Expertly the driver drove around them and hurried the two to the backdoor where they were given protection from various security guards.

"Stick close to me." Jisoo whispered, receiving a nod from the other as she clutched on her arm.

They managed to enter unharmed and could exhale relieved. Or they thought but like the vultures chasing them outside, the interior wasn't much different. All eyes were on them once again anticipatingly, judging their appearance thoroughly.

Jisoo opted for a suit because she claimed dancing in heels would be too much of a challenge. Jennie wasn't bothered by that and wore a snow white dress. The gown was covered in lace and had nude lining to show off her curves. She also wore the veil for for the walk.

Everything else passed like a blur.

Jennie remembers shaking tons of hands, taking even more pictures and cutting the cake.

The only thing she remembered clearly was how Jisoo removed the veil and kissed her softly.

Not being with the social elite for a while has made this celebration foreign for Jennie. At least she could grab Jisoo for a reminder what she was here for.

Jennie felt fingers caressing the loose strands from her pinned-up hair to the side of her face. "It's not much longer." Jisoo assured her as they sat at their table. "Do you want to go out for a breather?"

Jennie nodded her head and followed Jisoo who interlocked their arms and helped her walk with those heels.

"Can we go upstairs?" She requested since she remembered that the entire building was rented by Jisoo's family and since this was a hotel there should be plenty of vacant rooms to relax in.

"Sure."

As they walked upstairs it got really silent. The lights were also not turned on so they had to step carefully. Maybe they should have asked for a key first or anything, but they didn't really want to struggle through that crowd to reach their parents or a staff.

So they grabbed the door handle of a random door and checked if the room was unlocked, to their luck, it was.

"You two." Their hearts almost jumped out of their bodies when they heard a voice from behind them, still searching for a light switch.

Jennie even yelped until she noticed it was her mother as her face was uncovered when she stepped into the room and turned the lights on.

"You were not supposed to leave your seats."