Chapter 37 - Christian

Start from the beginning

“But love is true. It just needs to be in the right time.”

“I don’t want to burst your bubble, but its not.” No matter how she tries, I can sense sadness in her voice but I knew that she’s strong enough to resist on falling. I know that something in her just gave up.

“So, what made a Georgina Lerwick give up on love?” She face me and tinaasan niya ako ng kilay.

“Really, Blake? You think I gave up on love?” I just nodded as an answer. She shook her head and laughed softly. “Well, in that case, no. Try to think, ikaw, you’re married pero hindi mo alam kung hanggang ngayon, kayo parin ng wife mo. Yung mommy ni Ian, she’s running away from her husband for I don’t know what reason. And ito, lagi nalang talaga. Everytime I fall for someone, something happens. Parang ngayon, I’m falling for someone, yun pala married na.” She gave out a heavy sigh.

I suddenly became aware of what she’s saying. “I’m…” I almost ran out of words because I didn’t know what to say. “I’m sorry. I didn’t intend to make someone… fall for me. I just wanted to make Ian feel what’s it like to have a father.”

“Its okay. I’ll get by.” She smiled like it didn’t matter. “Blake, don’t you think its time you should let your wife go? It’s been years.”

“I’ve thought of that. Pero hindi ko kaya. She’s all over me, I can’t help but to think about them everytime I feel hopeless.”

“Would you try if I tell you I’ll help you?” Her blue eyes were full of hope. “Please, Blake? Let’s just try. If things don’t work out, I’ll walk away without any hesitations.”

I let out a heavy sigh and looked away from her. I didn’t know what to reply. If I’ll forget Rein, will things go back to normal and will I be happy? Does Georgina really mean her proposal?

“Alright, I’ll try.” Without saying anything, she pressed her lips to mine. It was just a smack but I couldn’t help not to feel right.

**

Past midnight na when we got back sa vacation house. Pagkatapos kasi magising ni Ian, sabi niya he wanted to play in the park pa so we ended up staying there until the whole afternoon. We also ended up having dinner there.

“I’ll just tuck Ian into bed. I’ll be back.” She then, kissed my cheek and carried the now tired and sleeping Ian into one of the vacant bedrooms.

Just when I’m about to fall asleep because of waiting for Georgina, she came out of the room and sat next to me. Nakasandal siya saakin, her body close to mine and her head on my shoulders. She held my hand and slowly removed Rein and I’s wedding ring.

I pulled my hand away from her but she took it back. “Blake, I’m helping you. Remember?” She removed the wedding ring and palce it safely on the table.

“I don’t know if this is going to work.” I admitted.

“Just let me.” She faced me and slowly, our lips met. I involuntarily closed my eyes and savoured her cherry flavored lips.

Rein. I remembered when I tasted Rein’s lips in hers. I don’t know how that happened. I tried to push my thoughts away from Rein but I lost. All I could think of while I was kissing Georgina was Rein.

“You need to stop thinking of her.” She broke away the kiss. Her voice almost a whisper because of hurt. “If you want to be happy, you need to forget her. I’m here with you, she’s not.”