Chapter 34 - 7 Months Later

Chapter 34 – 7 Months Later

Rob’s P.O.V.

[Rob!!! Punta ka dito! Bring French Macaroons!]

“Rein, alam mo naman na mag kasama kami ni Blake ngayon diba? Why’d you call? Muntik niya na makita yung name mo sa phone ko.”

[I don’t care. Bring French Macaroons here, please?? And I miss you. Baby and I misses you.]

“I can’t. I really can’t. We’re prepaing for a race. Sorry.” I heard nothing from the other and then a few minutes later, I heard her sob. “Rein, don’t play me that game. I’m not buying that.”

[I just want to see you. And I just want French Macaroons.]

“Rein! Stop that!” Bakit ba ang hirap niya tanggihan? When she cries, I loose all my resistance and do everything just to make her happy. “I’m not riding a train for almost 11 hours just to deliver French Macaroons in London. Besides, meron naman niyan jan eh.”

[It’s not French!] She sobbed again. [It’s London-ish Macaroon’s! Its not French Macaroons if its not from France!] I pressed my palm at my forehead. Sumasakit ulo ko sa buntis na ‘to.

“Rein, please stop. I need to go. Marinig pa tayo ni Blake na naguusap.” I pleaded bago pa man ako maconvince na pumunta doon. Instead, lalo siyang umiyak. “Alright, alright! I’ll go there as soon as I can.”

[Promise?]

“Promise. I need to go. Don’t be makulit, okay? Wag matigas ulo, follow the doctor’s orders. I’ll see you in a few.”

Agad kong binaba yung phone and bumalik sa living room where we’re planning for a week of being fit with Sandro and Blake. While they were discussing, my mind went flying to Rein.

Rein is about 7 months pregnant now. During her first months, she always had fever and she had bad morning sickness everytime. Her pregnancy has become crucial since her 4th month. She wasn’t allowed to be stressed or to move too much kasi it may lead to miscarriage.

Hirap na hirap siya with her pregnancy including the people around her, knowing that she’s really fragile. I always find time to see her every other week and sometimes, makakasabay ko pa yung Papa niya or her family that she grew up with.

She’s staying in London with her sister and their newly found friend, Georgina, who’s half Filipino and half British. Si Georgina yung owner ng house that they rent in pero she’s staying in that house too. She’s been great help in keeping Rein company and taking care of her although, we were too careful not to spill any information about the baby’s father.

Rein’s the reason why I never left Monaco. Monaco was just a train away from London kaya when she needs me, I can be with her agad. Even Blake was starting to question my stay kasi before, I didn’t want to stay away from home, from my family in the Philippines.

“Rob!” Nagulat ako nung bigla binato ako ni Blake ng pillow. I frowned at him and he laughed. “Ano ba kasi iniisip mo??” I’m thinking about your wife and your son.

“Wala. Papa alam lang sana ako. I’m leaving, balik ako after 2 days.”

“What? Saan ka nanaman pupunta? Lagi ka nalang nawawala Rob. You need to concentrate with your race.” Sandro said with his impatient face. Si Blake naman started to text someone in his phone. “Don’t tell me you’re not going to focus on this. Si Blake nga wala na yatang pag asa yan eh, he drinks bourbon everyday, gets drunk and he’s not concentrating.”

“You can’t blame me, Sandro. My wife and my baby’s missing. I’ve been trying to track them for months pero wala. I think her fathers are blocking all information of her.”

I rolled my eyes knowing that they did. Actually Rein asked for them to block or lock all information of her. She’s really determined to hide from Blake.

“Alright. Since both of you doesn’t seem to mind the race, Rob, you can take your 2 days off and Blake, I’m giving you 2 full days to track down Rein. You two are like my sons kaya I expect you to keep your heads low. Don’t do anything stupid.”

Blake stood up in a hurry to answer his phone and I knew that it was the guy he hired to find Rein. Lagi ko sila naririnig na magkausap and everytime, Blake would become mad kasi hindi parin siya nahahanap. The last information of Rein he knows was when Rein came to California with her grandparents.

I decided to go out and buy Rein’s macaroons first. I was about to go out when Blake called me. “Rob! Alis ka? Care to give me a ride?”

**

“Saan ka ba pupunta?” I asked Blake when we were already in the car.

“Just going to meet up the detective I hired to find Rein. He thinks he knows where she is. Ikaw?” I pressed on the brake ng biglaan sa pagkagulat ko. The detective thinks he knows where Rein is? “Whoa! Dude, easy on the breaks!”

“Sorry.” I continued driving. “Do you know where to buy good French macaroons?” I asked

“Since when did you like those? Kala ko ayaw mo nun?” He frowned but I didn’t answer back. “Well, there’s one in Métropole. Rein and I used to buy her favorite macaroons there.” He sighed and looked at his phone where his wallpaper is him and Rein.

“Mahahanap mo din siya, dude.” I said, trying to relieve the guilt I felt for hiding Rein from my bestfriend.

“Sana nga. I just hope one day, she would get tired of hiding and I’ll find her. I really, really miss her.”

“Blake, what if she still thinks you don’t want her back?”

“That’s why I need to see her. To prove to her that I need and want her back. To show her that I really love her and I’m accepting our baby.”

“Ang drama mo.” I laughed to push away the thought of telling Blake where his family is.

“Mag asawa ka na din kasi para maramdaman mo ang nararamdaman ko.” And we both laughed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This chapter is just an overview with what's happening. :)