Chapter 47 - Wedding

Chapter 47 – Wedding

Georgie drove us papunta sa church because Rein went early to make sure everything’s okay. Umalis nga si Rein ng hindi kumakain ng breakfast and with a high fever. Georgie was also the one who helped Ian and fix ourselves. I couldn’t do much because of my injured arm eh. It wasn’t broken anymore but I’m not allowed to move it too much.

They decided for the wedding to take place in Fernbrook Gardens in Alabang para daw doon na din yung reception. Kaya two days ago, we checked in na sa hotel sa Alabang. Since then, I barely saw Rein well rested. She’s always making calls and going kung saan saan to fix the wedding kaya ilang araw na siyang nilalagnat.

When we arrived, halos puno na yung church. I saw Rein’s two dads with her Mom and her two brothers. My Dad and my step Mom was with Blaire, Bianca and Anton. My step-brother, Bryan was standing in the entrance of the church nervously while the guests keep on congratulating him. Ian ran to Vivien and Elliot once they all saw each other. I saw everyone except for the once I was looking for.

“Blake! Georgina!” Bianca waved her hand at us and gestured for us to come. My sister gave us both kisses on the cheek and introduced Georgie to the family. They chatted happily habang ako kept on looking around for Rein.

Bianca gave me a soft punch on my stomach. Nung tumingin ako sakanya, she was smiling crazily. She rested her chin on my shoulder and whispered. “Uyyyy…. Sino hinahanap ng baby brother ko?”

Sometimes, I wonder who’s older, si Bianca ba o ako? Sobrang batang isip kasi ni Bianca kahit my sarili ng family. And seriously, I’m 32 and she still calls me baby brother? I shrugged her off and faced her. “Have you seen Rein? Kanina ko pa siya hinahanap. I haven’t seen her since this morning.”

“Awwwww… my brother misses his wife.” She once again smiled sheepishly at me and pretended to dust off dirt in the shoulder of my suit. “Don’t worry. She’s with Bliss sa waiting room. She’s preparing. You can go and see her. Just don’t bring Bryan with you. He’s so eager to see his wife-to-be.”

Before she could even say anything else, I started to walk away from her. I made my way outside the chapel and went down the flight of stairs near the main entrance. The room wasn’t hard to find since wala namang kasabay na event yung wedding.

I knocked on the door and gently opened it. I saw Bliss in front of a mirror, all dolled up and wearing her wedding dress. I couldn’t help but to notice the little similarities to Rein.

“Hi Kuya.” She smiled sweetly at me. “Hinahanap mo si Ate? She’s in the other room. Yung sunod nito.”

“Thanks.” I returned her smile. I was about to close the door behind me pero sumilip ulit ako. Bliss looked up again, this time, her eyes were glassy with tears. “Congratulations nga pala. You look really good.”

“I’m really nervous but thanks.” She answered sweetly.

I went to the next room. Again, I knocked before opening the door. This time I heard Rein’s voice telling me to come in. Pagkapasok ko, I saw her sitting in a settee while her hands were covering her face. “Rein?”

She looked up. Her lips suddenly formed a smile. She stood up and turned around. “What do you think?”

I tilted my head to one side and took a look at her. The one shouldered white gown she wore revealed her collar bones and defined her curves well. The light curls of her hair framed her angelic face and the only color on her face was from her fiercely red lips.