Ch 18: Better Left Unknown

"Barry...w-why are we in the time vault?" Clarity stuttered out repeating her question as she looked at her old teammate. No memory of anything after being hit by all that transmuted water.

"Everyone's been going crazy looking for you. I just called off the search. You disappeared for hours, Clarity." Barry told her. "Cisco got a vibe of you. I just found you passed out here."

"What? N-no, that's not-oh my god! Where's my suit!?" Clarity exclaimed, sheer terror rushing through her as she saw that she was not in the new super suit Cisco had made her, but instead a yellow shirt that was most certainly a man's size, and no pants or bottoms to speak of apart from her panties. Yes, it was long enough that it looked like a short dress on her but that wasn't the point. "W-why am I wearing this? Who changed me!?" She looked to Barry for answers but he looked to her mouth opening and closing unsure of what to say as he was just as lost as she was. "How did I get here? What happened!?"

"I don't know." Barry grabbed her arms firmly, but gently. Clarity looking nothing but distressed, Barry unsure of how to really help her. "Okay? I don't know, but we'll figure it out together. I promise."

"C-Cisco's gonna be so mad at me." Clarity's lower lip started to quiver looking like she was about to cry. "I lost his suit. He-he just gave it to me. It-it was brand new and-and I don't know where it is." Because of course Clarity's first concern was disappointing her friends, it wasn't like she didn't have another million concerns about herself to focus on. Oh, wait. Yes, she did. "I can't remember where I was. Where was I? Why can't I remember?"

"Hey, hey shh," Barry pulled her gently into his chest in a consoling hug. One arm resting across her shoulders, the other on the back of her head. "Cisco's not gonna be mad. He'd much rather lose the suit than lose you," Barry stroked a hand through her hair. "And we almost did...Clarity, we're going to find out where you were, just...just calm down. We're going to figure all of this out. You, me, and all of our other friends."

"Okay.." Clarity sniffled reaching back to the console column. Her hand hitting the circular center button. As she pressed down on it to help herself up, Barry on her other side because she seemed a little wobbly at first. Suddenly, a recorded video feed roared to life on the wall as Clarity accidentally accessed the files.

"Oh my god." Barry eyes widened, his arms dropping from Claritys side as he went to touch the controls. They saw recordings of all of them, but the thing about these recordings was that Clarity and him seemed to be what the camera's were focusing on. Each Thawne's obsession in drastically different ways. One in which he hated and the other in which he loved. Each obsession fueling the other in a codependent toxicity that lived in Thawne's mind.

"He was watching u-us, w-watching me." Clarity drew back away from the console as video footage of the hall, and the square where she held the bomb lit up the screen. Lightning started crackling across her arms, and down her legs. She stepped back, stumbling over her own two bare feet barreling into the wall clinging to the raised brail like balls her breathing picking up speed. "Recording...here, he was here. Right here, w-watching."

Clarity fisted a hand in her hair, the other twisting into her shirt. She looked down, tearing her gaze away from the screen and she realized, she was wearing his colors. Her breathing increased to an even faster pace. "O-off." She tugged harshly at the shirt, whimpering as she caught sight of the red bra that was underneath, lightning crackling to her hands intent to burn the shirt off, but Thawne's shirt was pretty lightning proof, as it was made out of a special material for speedsters.

"What?" Barry turned to her having been so taken in by Thawne's video set up that he'd zoned out consumed by his thoughts.

"Off!" Clarity screeched, a high pitched shrieking cry escaping her as tears streamed down her face overflowing almost instantly as Clarity did nothing to try and suppress them, hands stuck in the fabric, fingers trapped in the tiny holes she'd twisted and burned into it. "Off! Off! Get it-! Barry off!"