Ch 3: Time to Scatter

"Captain Hunter is calling a meeting. It would seem New York is still in peril." Gideon informed Clarity who had just gotten through drying her hair from her shower.

It had taken her a while, a lot longer than she was proud of, to actually step into the shower under the waters spray, and it took even longer to so much as turn the shower on. Clarity having checked over the bathroom for a camera of any kind in even the smallest of crevices. Even in the bottle of hairspray Kendra had left behind on the ship that Clarity accidentally sprayed in her eyes when peering straight into the nozzle. Clarity'd had to calm her powers so she could shower. In order to do that, she had to be calm, to relax, and she couldn't do that without checking. No matter how many times Gideon told her there was nothing there, even though she couldn't feel anything with her powers, she didn't trust either, there may be something she was missing.

Her search came up empty and so she kept her mind as clear as she possibly could as she finally stepped under the spraying water. The Glitch doing her best to think of nothing but the temperature of the water hitting her bare skin, any other thoughts positive or negative, would lead to a thorough shocking. Enjoying a shower was something that Clarity didn't get to do anymore since she got her powers. No singing in the shower, no letting her thoughts run wild, or anything of the sort. It was one of the many things she sometimes missed about not having powers.

She was now changed back into the sweater dress she'd been wearing before. Her shoes, gloves, and jewelry already put back on. The Glitch now applying a fresh coat of makeup to her face.

"Thanks Gid

"Thanks Gid." Clarity murmured putting her buret back on her head, touching up her make up. "I'll be right there...there's something I need to do first."

"Are you sure you're alright, Creator?" Gideon asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine." Clarity replied, leaning back  setting her pink lipstick down once it'd been applied. "Really, I just worked myself up over nothing that's all. So some old award winning scientist guy wanted to sleep with me...it's not like it'd be the first time."

Sure, Clarity didn't know how old Thawne technically was, especially not in his real body, but back then, that night, he had been in the body of a 50 something year old, or his body had looked like that of a 50 something year old? Clarity didn't exactly know the logistics of how Thawne had changed his appearance to look like Wells, but either way, to her, from her point of view, there was at least somewhere between a 20-30 year age gap between them that night. Similar to how big the age gap between Einstein and herself was.

Clarity shoved the dress, the shoes, and the rest of the accessories, even the bobby pins she'd put in her hair, into a trash bag. She tied it up, glitched to the ships incinerator, and threw it in to make sure she'd never make the mistake of wearing it again, feeling as if the stains would never come out, like it wouldn't ever be clean again, even if she managed to get out the spilled champagne there was something that would always feel dirty about it now.