Ch 2: Secrets and Sides

"Another successful mission, Captain?" Gideon asked Rip, who was now wearing more normal clothing.

"Yes, well," Rip started as he walked into the library. "It seems I don't share our team's definition of success, but let's see if our labors came to a certain fruition, shall we?"

"Well, that was fun." Sara commented walking into the room, now changed out of that long flowing yellow and blue dress.

"I'm in no mood for a lecture, Sara." Rip replied.

"Too tired from dishing 'em out?" Sara asked walking over to lean on the library desk.

"Replacing the Time Masters is an enormous responsibility, Sara, and one which I fear our team is ill equipped... " Rip began only for a menacing quake to rock the ship. The force so great it actually made Clarity fall out of the libraries monitor the glitch having been hanging out with Gideon in the ships systems. Clarity falling to the floor with a groan her ears ringing, the whole room spinning. A few lights in the room sparking as Clarity struggled to reorient herself.

"Clarity!" Rip offered his hand to her

"Clarity!" Rip offered his hand to her. "Are you alright?"

"Ah," She rubbed her ankle, sitting up. Almost having twisted her ankle with the way she fell. She grabbed onto Rip's hand, her fingerless sparkly blue glove with the lace trim settling softly against his palm, Clarity letting him help her up. "Yeah, what's wrong with the ship? It's never rattled me out of it like that before."

"Gideon, are we under attack?" Sara asked the Ai.

"Negative," Gideon denied, "that was a shock wave generated by a time quake."

"A what?" Sara asked both Clarity and Sara looking to Rip for an explanation.

"A Time Quake..."Clarity echoed never having heard the term before. "Uh, what is a Time Quake exactly?"

"A disturbance in the temporal zone caused by an unusually large aberration." Rip answered.

"You never mentioned a time quake before." Sara pointed out.

"I've never experienced one on the waverider before. The first time was..." Rip pointed to Clarity his eyes widening in realization. "Back on the jumpship when I went to rescue you from the 40's..." Rip prayed that he was wrong as the three of them leaned towards the screen. "Gideon?"

"The shock wave's point of origin was New York City, 1942." Gideon announced pulling up all sorts of images on the screen.

"That's not... possible." Sara denied as she looked at the screen.

"Well, apparently it's not impossible either." Clarity frowned biting at her knuckle on her pointer finger.

"Gideon alert the team to what's happened. Have everyone report to the bridge now." Rip ordered walking out of the library, Sara and Clarity following behind. The team all filing around the console.