Ch 28: Love you to the Moon and Back

"I don't see him

"I don't see him." Nate looked around the legends all in 1965 where his grandfather was dropped off.

"That is odd." Rip spun around on the steps in search of him. "I dropped him off right here a moment ago. Where could he have gone?" Rip rushed down the steps when he thought he found him. "Henry!" Except he was wrong. "Oh, I'm sorry. My mistake."

"Where is he?" Nate rushed down the steps to stand next to Rip.

"We used to call Henry "the Chameleon. " He speaks seven languages like a local and he's a master in the art of camouflage and concealment." Amaya told the two. "If you told him to disappear, that's exactly what he did."

"Henry's good but he doesn't have powers like we do. Can you catch his scent?" Clarity asked her.

"The people here are close together but I can try." Amaya summoned the Ashe of a bloodhound sniffing the air. "There's too much perfume in the air. How about you? Can you sense him?"  Amaya asked her.

"Let me check." Clarity shut her eyes trying to concentrate. She covered her ears even going so far as to hold her breath, breathing out as she realized it was futile. "It's no good it's too loud, I can't....there are too many hums....I can't pick him out. Damnit this is just like that weekend in Italy." Clarity complained.

"Your kidding. That's it? Your not going to glitch around the city fly around to rooftops."  Nate looked between the two.

"Nathaniel we could cause an aberration." Amaya scolded.

"Who cares about an aberration when reality is at stake!?" Nate protested.

"Don't worry, if it's hard for us to find your grandfather, it's hard for the Legion." Sara told Nate.

They all filed into an alleyway and Clarity glitched them back to the ship. While the rest of the team went to the bridge her and Rip went straight to the library. Hoping to find a clue to where Henry Heywood was.

"It's not your fault." Clarity told him as they entered.

"Not yours either." Rip replied.

"Then quit blaming yourself." Clarity told him.

"You first," Rip walked over to a book pulling it off the shelf.

"I'm not." Clarity replied brushing a lock of hair out of her face.

"Your hairs frizzing." Rip replied as he opened a book starting to thumb furiously through pages.

"So?"

"So, you touch your hair, your upset with yourself, powers do their thing crackle, zap, pop and then you've got frizzy hair that you try to smooth down every five seconds before anyone notices. You brush it down like that there-" Rip pointed with his finger. "-that. You just did it. It's not rocket science. You don't make lights go all dim anymore but you do get your hair frizzy."