Ch 12: Back to the West pt 1

"You know, about that drink...you seemed to really hope it was from me." Sara commented, her and Clarity walking in the dimly lit waverider halls together, just the two of them.

"Would it be such a bad thing if I had been hoping?" Clarity asked brushing a lock of hair behind her ear. "I mean...I know you said you couldn't be with anyone til Dhark was taken care of...but I thought maybe we were close enough that you would be ready maybe... to make a move..." Clarity clutched at her arm. "I was being stupid."

"Make a move? With a limoncello martini?" Sara emphasized, a slight laugh to Sara's voice. Disbelief tinging the assassins tone.

"I know, I know like I said...stupid." Clarity  ran her hands down her face. "I was just freaking out cause I was scared of...well it doesn't matter now." Clarity shook her head, waving a hand. "Just forget about it."

"I'd never send you something that sour I know you prefer things to be as sweet as you. And you have to know I'd be way more direct with you than that, Clarity."

"Direct...like how?" Clarity asked, looking to Sara in curiosity. "Like direct as in talking or-"

"Like this." Sara replied spinning to face Clarity, leaning in closing the distance between them. Sara's lips pressing against Claritys, hands feather light on her cheeks before Clarity was blinking her eyes open to look at her when she pulled away, not even really knowing when she'd shut them.

"So...what's your answer?" Sara asked. "Do you think you'll go out with me?"

"I...I think..." Clarity licked her lips a few sparks flying from her fingertips. "I think...I need you to repeat the question." She grabbed a hold of Sara pulling her back in for another kiss. Walking herself back so he could lean against the wall, Sara stepping forwards following. The kiss never breaking.

Clarity's arms wrapped around Sara's neck tangling into her blonde hair, the two's lips crashing together as Sara cupped Clarity's face in between her hands. Clarity's back resting against a cool metal wall of the waverider.
Sara grinned as they broke apart hands wandering down her shoulders, and arms, sliding down to rest on her hips. Her thumbs rubbing light circles against Claritys skin dipping under her shirt.

"If that's the case, let me give you a few more reasons that might help you make up your mind? Would you like that?"

"Yes please..." Clarity nodded, unsure if she'd even spoken the words or breathed them. The assassins lips migrating to Claritys neck, the Glitch tilting her head to the side to give Sara more room to work.

"Sara..."

"Shh." Sara pulled back, looking into Claritys eyes.  "It's okay we can have some fun before I get my ans-" Blood spurted from Sara's mouth cutting off whatever the assassin was about to say. A vibrating hand sticking through her chest. Sara stumbled back from Clarity, her hands going to the gaping hole in her chest. Blood staining her fingers as she dropped down to the floor, life draining out of her. Clarity gasping in terror as she looked down at Sara's cold dead eyes.

Clarity shook frozen against the wall as she slowly raked her eyes upwards to stare at the reverse flash. Tears falling from her eyes as she looked at Eobard alive, right in front of her. His whole body vibrating as he stepped over Sara. She couldn't glitch, she couldn't move and just as Eobard was about to kiss her, having boxed her in with his body over her, Clarity woke up. The Glitch's heart racing as her eyes shot open.