First Holiday

I'm excited for you guys to read this one! I might do a few all year round holidays, depending on how long I'm gonna write in here. If anyone has some New Years ideas, let me know in the comments:)
I got some inspiration from: @Alexa1Garza
Suggestion. Thx so much, and I hope you and everyone enjoys it!

Third person POV:
It was snowing.
In California.
Something no one in California would've thought would happen. But most of Jim's friends, (and him) had family in the east or west and owned some winter clothes. So thankfully, they could actually enjoy this, possibly once in a lifetime snowfall.

It was Christmas morning and both Jim and Claire never would have thought they'd be back home enjoying it with their families this year.
The duo was at their own houses that morning though, opening their stockings, unwrapping presents and enjoying their families company.

Jim and his mother were just finishing opening up gifts, and Barbara's last gift was a food magic 4000, and promised not to eat it this time.
Barbara was cooking more and more lately for the holiday season, and some of the food she was cooking, Jim actually thinks she's doing pretty good!

Barbara got her some a scrapbook, already filled with all these memories from his journey as the trollhunter Toby sent her, and all the pictures she took after she found out about trollhunting.

A few hours after presents were all opened, and after some Christmas breakfast family FaceTiming Barbara set up, they both just sat around talking about everything. It's been a few months since the events, and they both still weren't completely caught up with everything while Jim was gone.

Around noon time, Jim got a text from Toby.

Toby: Hey Jimbo!

Jim: hey tobes👋

Toby: you almost ready? I talked with Darci and she said she's pretty excited! So is Claire apparently. They were both chatting this morning too she told me.

Jim: ohhhhh right! Yes, I'll meet you outside in the next five minutes.

Toby: ok Jim, just don't forget your jacket. I just stepped outside. It's pretty, but freeeezzziiinnggg.

Jim: uh, yeah Toby, my windows open. I can see the snow, I'm assuming it's gonna be cold lol.

Toby: alright, alright, just meet me outside soon. Bye!

Jim: lol ok, see u soon Tobes.

Jim went upstairs, grabbed his wallet and ran downstairs to grab his jacket. It was a deep blue hybridge down coat, and once it was on, he put on his black winter boots along with some black gloves.

Once he returned to the main floor, Barbara looked up from her book, and to her son walking towards the main door.

"Hey, where are you going?".

"I'm going to meet Toby Claire and Darci, remember? We all didn't have any plans for the afternoon so a few days ago we made some plans. Weren't you-"

"Aahhh yes now I remember. Sorry kiddo, my mind must've went blank" Barbara mentioned interrupting. "Go on but remember to get home before supper, everyone's coming over tonight".