Chapter 9

Ryder's POV:

(Wow! A new character and a new POV?! Craziness!! Can't wait to see what happens!)

I was sitting in my office when my Beta, Miles, mind linked me.

"Alpha, we have a problem." He told me. I groaned.

"What is it? And how many times have I told you not to call me alpha? We have been friends since we were pups, you don't have to call me that." I told him.

"Sorry bout that." He let out a light laugh,
"We found a rouge in the woods. It tried to run but we have it surrounded now. I told him to shift but he won't. What do you want us to do with him. He seems to be injured."

After he said that my wolf, Xander, became anxious. I didn't know why.

"What's wrong?" I asked him.

"I'm not really sure. Maybe we should checkout that rouge." Xander exclaimed.

"If you say so." I said. "Hey, I'm on my way there. Keep an eye on him till I get there." I mind linked back to Miles.

"Yes Alpha."

I sighed.

Once I got out side I shifted into my 300 pound pitch black wolf and made my way to the location of the rouge. As I got closer to the woods I smelt the most amazing sent ever. It smelt of vanilla and lavender.

"Mate!" Yelled Xander.

"Are you sure?" I asked him. I didn't want to get my hopes up. I was already 20 years old and haven't met my mate. I was beginning to think that maybe the moon goddess forgot about me and didn't give me a mate.

"Of course I'm sure! I can smell her sweet sent! It's intoxicating." Said Xander. Usually I would he was being dramatic, but he was right. I felt like if I didn't have her in my arms in the next 10 seconds I would loose my mind.

I ran as fast as I could, than I realized that her sent was the same direction Miles and the rouge were. That's when I got worried. What if she was attacked my the rouge!? What if she was hurt?! Different scenarios flashed through my brain as I ran. But I did not think of this one.

As o walked up I saw my beta, and a few more of our warriors surrounding a small figure. By now the sent of my mate was overwhelming. I looked to see a very small brown wolf cowering up against a tree.

"Mate!" Xander called.

It was her! I couldn't believe it, she looked so beautiful. That's when it hit me. She was the rouge. I can understand how my beta thought it was a "he", being as large as we are we can't really tell male wolfs from she wolfs. Also, most of the time rouges are male. It was very rare to come across a rogue female.... actually it was pretty rare to find any female that was not already in a pack and mated. There were very few female in my pack and that's only because they are here with their mates. We are about 90% male. But I'm getting off track. I need to focus back on my scared mate.

Once I shifted I went to grab a pair of short that we had left in the woods just in case, and slipped them on.

"BACK OFF!" I yelled at my Beta, who was still threatening my mate to shift. That made my blood boil. NO ONE would yell at my mate.

Miles and the other bared their necks in submission.

Then I turned my attention back to my beautiful, terrified mate.

To be Continued...

Please let me know what you thought of this chapter. Would love to hear feed back!
Thank you for reading! I hope you enjoyed another chapter of  "Mate Unwanted"! ✨❤️