Chapter 19

Ryder's POV:

As I walked her up stairs she was quite and seemed to be too lost in her own thoughts to pay attention. When we get to the doors to my bedroom she stilled. I opened the double doors and looked back to see her eyes filled with fear and tears streaming down her beautiful face.

"Rose! Rose, sweetheart, what's wrong? Why are you crying?!" I asked gently reaching out my hand to wipe away the tears.

As I did so she flinched away.

"NO! P-please don't do this!" She cried, slowly backing away from me.

"Rose darling, I can't help you if you don't tell me what's going on."

I looked at her and thought what could have possibly trigger such a response.

"Why don't we go sit down and we can talk about what has you so upset. Is it something I did?" I asked. My chest was tightened at the sight of my small mate almost cowering away from me. I never wanted her to be afraid of me.

She had backed her self into the near by hall corner and crouched down into a ball while sobbing into her hands.

"Please. Please not again. I can't take it." She cried quietly to herself.

I squatted down to her level. I slowly sat down next to her and carefully reached out to hold her. She flinched just a bit but I still brought her into my arms and cradled her sobbing figure. I whispered sweet nothings in her ear in hope of her calming down. Finally, after a few more minutes, her breath evened out letting me know that she had fallen asleep. So I carefully picked her up and made my way sack over to my room and gently laid her on the bed, tucking her in and placing a gentle kiss on her head before marking my way over across the room to my sofa. Xander was glad that we were able to calm out mate with out touch and voice, but at the same time I wanted to know what made her so hysterical.

I guess that's a question for another day.

Colten's POV:

"WHERE IS SHE?!" I yelled, throwing a mug at my beta, Owen. The mug hit the wall, shattering into pieces.

"We are still searching Alpha." He said calmly.

I on the other hand was anything but calm. I needed her here! Correction, my wolf needed her here. He has not spoken to me since she left. He refuses to do anything I say and that is a problem. If I don't get his mate back I won't be able to control him. She has got to be somewhere close. I can still feel her. Due to the distance our bond is weaker but it's still there. I can't believe I was given such a weak wolf. He was fine before, but without some girl around he can't even function properly!

"Sir, we have caught on to a faint sent!" One of my trackers barges into my office.

This perks my ears.

"Where?" I ask, feeling my wolf resurface.

"It seems to head straight into the Stealfur Pack." He exclaimed.

Surprise struck me. After she left our pack she would have been labeled a rouge. And if she was found on Stealfur then they would have killed her instantly. But I can feel that she is still alive.

"Perhaps they took pity on our poor sweet mate and took her in." Derrick, my wolf tells me.

I scoff. This is the first time I have heard from him in weeks.

"That is unlikely, Stealfur's Alpha would never let a weakling like her live." I told him.

He growled defensively at me for insulting his mate. I look back up to my men who are still just standing in my office.

"What are you waiting for?! Get out!!" I yelled.

"Yes alpha." They both bared their necks and walked out of the room.

I was seething! How dare she run from me. When I get her back I will lock her in our dungeons and she will regret ever even thinking about disobeying me.

To be continued....

Is this plot I see?!😂

Sorry I took so long and the chapter is so short. I'm still trying to see where this story is going so...😅
Anyway

I hope you liked the chapter
Please leave a vote and or comment!

Much love!
~Faye the Day✨🥰