Chapter 21

Rose's POV:

"I know this is a lot. And if you want to stop there that is ok. You don't have to tell me anymore until you are ready." Ryder Explained.

I thought it best that maybe this had been enough for today. The rest of my life story we can save for another day. It felt good to get this all off my chest. And he seems to be taking it well. He hasn't thrown me out for being so weak yet.... Key word "Yet".

Next thing I knew my stomach was growling and I realized my stomach felt like it was eating itself. Ryder heard it and let out a chuckle.

"You hungry love?" He asked gently.

I nodded to him wiping my dried tears away.

"Ok. Let go get something in you." He softly extended his hand to me looking unsure if I would take it.

I hesitated for a moment but then remembered I was safe here. (At least for the moment) So I slowly took my hand in his and he led us down to the kitchen so that we could make something to eat.

When we go to kitchen he lad me to the island and sat me onto one of the stools so that I could watch him cook. After a few minutes of silence while he worked the front door slammed open.

"Alpha!" A young man ,around his late teens early twenties, camp busting through the room. Locking eyes with Ryder he only said one word. But that one word made my blood go cold and Ryder's jaw clench.

"Rogues." He stated.

As soon as he said that Ryder locked his eyes onto mine.

"Stay right here. Do not move until I get back. You will be safe here. Understand?" He said in a very serious tone.

I nodded to him showing him my understanding. I was too afraid to speak.

Rouges.

That's all I could think about at the moment. I had had a few encounters with them after running away from Dark night. They were terrifying. They chased me for hours. Could they be the same ones? Could they be after me?
My heart rate began to quicken. My chest started to rise and fall faster and faster due to my heavy breathing. I felt like I was about to pass out. I didn't want them to be after me. For once in a very long time I am finally feeling like I could be safe here. Like maybe I could start over.

I then felt a soft hand carefully be placed on my shoulder.

I flinched back and whipped my head around to be the owner of the hand. It was Addie, Ryder's sister. She gave me a gentle smile and it calmed my nerves.

"It's ok. Breathe." She whispered to me lovingly.

She lead me back to the bedroom, where she sat me down of the couch and she continued to breath with me. After a few minutes I started to calm down.

"Are you ok? Do you want to get some water?" She asked me. Concerned clear on her face.

"No. I'm alright." I said quietly.

Her eyebrows shot up in surprise.

"You spoke?! Wow! Amazing what a few hours with your mate can do huh." She let out a slight chuckle.

I blushed.

"Anyway. Are you sure you are ok? We can go grab you a water or a wet cloth if you need."

"No, it's really ok. I think my breathing has leveled out."

"Ok....speaking of, what happened? When I walked in you are having a full on panic attack and where is Ryder? Shouldn't he be here? He knew better than to leave you alone."

"It's not his fault!" I don't know why I felt the strong urge to defend him. Truly he did nothing wrong.