Chapter 4~Did It Work?

Slowly, impatiently Emma waited for the results. Two long, terrifying weeks. Finally the doctor said he had some news.

"Well?" Emma asked impatiently. The doctor looked at Shaw.

"Tell the woman. We want to know."

"It worked out just fine." The doctor hesitated.

"But?" Emma was waiting for the negative part.

"That's just it. It worked out fine. Perfectly. Maybe even too perfect."

"And that's a bad thing?" Shaw looked at him.

"Well no. For now. Even normal pregnancies have there downfalls but, Emma's test came back and it's like she is pregnant but she'll get none of the side effects."

"That's great for me. What's so bad with that?" Emma looked at him.

"Nothing. I guess." He smiled nervously.

"Em. He's just worried over nothing. You'll get to act normal is all. This is good news!! We will have our perfect mutant!" Shaw insisted. Emma smiled. Why don't we pop some champagne for you guys and everybody take off! None for Emma though!" Emma smiled but she was still wary. But, was a happy occasion and there was a party. They would finally have their fighter. Everybody was happy but, was she?

9 months passed in a blink of an eye and the child was born. A girl. They immediately took her in for some tests. Sitting there in the hospital room day after day watching doctors run every test imaginable Emma wondered if this is the life she really wanted for her child. To grow up like this. All her wariness from before came back. Yes, the main idea was to finally have an all powerful mutant but at what cost? This baby was still a little girl who one day will have feelings. And like it or not, it was her baby. She contemplated every scenario. Each one getting more complicated than the last. Was she willing to give the child up for her happiness? And put at risk so much more? Or let her stay here being saddened day by day with pressures no child should have. Letting her know for the rest of her life she was just an experiment. She made up her mind. She would leave her with a man who would know what it would be like for her. In the middle of the night when no one was around and Shaw was fast asleep she escaped in a smaller sub making her way with a baby towards a man who could probably gut her like a fish if he wanted too. She searched for him with her mind and found him at a bar. She walked up cooly behind him.

"We need to talk."

"Who are you?" He said annoyed.

"The bigger question is who are you? Logan?"

The Wolverine.