Chapter 3~ Doctor's Office

"Emma darling you've always been rather unpredictable but this? You have surprised me."

"I aim to please Shaw."

They were basking in the sunlight before they would call her down for the operation. Emma looked like she was relaxing but in her mind her thoughts were going twenty million miles per hour. She felt reckless so she asked.

"Can the child call me mom?"

Shaw thought silently.

"If you want. It is your body the baby will be in. Would you let me be called father?"

Emma thought.

"Yes. You will already be in their life. Why not put a name to the face."

A doctor came up.

"We are ready for you Mrs. Frost."

"Go get em' Em."

She got up and walked over to him and they made their way to the operation room.

"It's Emma dear. Let's get this show on the road. I want to be nice and tan. So what exactly are you going to do to me?"

"Well we already have the specimen so we are just going to inject it into you."

"That easy?"

"We are going to make it as comfortable as possible it will be over in seconds."

"How will you know it works?"

"In two weeks we would know."

"How many chances do we Have at this exactly?"

"One Mrs. Fro- Emma. Getting their DNA  was difficult we made enough for one."

"Let's hope it works then."

"I am very hopeful. Could you please sit in the chair?"

They walked so long she didn't even notice they were already there. When she sat down she got even more nervous.

"Can I ask you something? Will I be a good mom?"

Emma didn't like being weak like that but she needed to hear the answer.

"I think you will Emma. You volunteered when you didn't have to and you're strong. You can do this." He gave my hand a reassuring squeeze.

"I wished that Shaw was as kind as you."

"He cares about you Emma and even more about the child to be. He was here this morning asking all about you. Don't you worry."

I was more confident now and I'll make sure to thank Shaw later.

"Let's do this."