Chapter 5~ This Is Where I Leave You

Logan turned around faster than the speed of light and put a hand around Emma's neck.

"Who are you?" Logan asked again pressing harder on her neck.

"Look." Emma said. She went through his mind showing her everything about the baby and how she came to be. Logan slowly let go of her neck. "All I am is a mother who's trying to do the best for her child." She looked at Logan her entire charade came down showing her real, scared self.

"What do you want from me? To help her? I can't help her. I'm not father material. You're better off just keeping her where she is."

"No. No I'm not. Shaw wants to use her as a weapon. I was with it at first but being pregnant for 9 months changes your preceptive." Emma could tell she was losing him. "Look just meet her okay?" Emma pulls out the carrier and brings it towards Logan.

Logan looked at the baby and immediately his demeanor softened. He put his hand towards the baby and she held it looking at him with big puppy eyes.

"Huh."

"What is it?" Emma looked at him curiously.

"Babies are usually scared of me." Emma looked at her baby fondly.

"She has a knack of bringing out the best in everyone." Emma gently took the baby's hair and put it to the side. Logan looked at both of them contemplating what to do.

"Alright." He said finally.

"Alright, what?" Emma said hopefully making sure he was saying yes.

"I'll take the kid."

"Thank you. Thank you." She said happily and hugged him. She immediately remembered who he was and stepped back. "Thank you." She said one final time holding out her hand. Logan shook it.

"No problem. What do I have to do with it?"

"Regular things you do with a baby. Clean it, feed it, and love it. I already gave you a hefty sum to take care of her and plenty of supplies. I need you to train her to use her powers and fight as soon as you can." Logan looked at her shocked.

"Let me get this straight. You want me to train her? What's the point of giving her to me then?"

"The point is so that when the time comes she can fight to survive. Not fight to kill everyone just because she can. She'll be powerful  so she needs to learn how to use her powers for good."

"Why don't you come with her?"

"Because I'm too invested. I can also give her disappearance a story. Like, she got stolen or something. And then when the time comes and we meet again I can use my spot to help her take down Shaw. I'm thinking hundreds of steps ahead. For her future and for the future of mutants everywhere."

"Where should I take her?"

"Far away as possible and make sure she is always wearing this." Emma gives Logan a necklace. "It's so no one can find her by reading her mind or trying to find her powers."

"You talk like you know what she'll be."

"I don't. But I mean 2 out of the three parents are telepaths so I'm guessing one of her powers will be that. I'm guessing she'll have at least two powers because of how many x genes are in her. She'll definitely lack a punch."

"This is the last time you'll see her?" Logan said to make sure.

"Yes. Until our paths cross. Don't tell her about who her parents are until she is ready. I can't have her looking for me it's dangerous."

"Right." Logan said putting an arm on her shoulder and awkwardly patting it."You should say goodbye you've probably been gone to long."

"You're right." Emma said hesitantly. She kissed the top of the baby's head. "Be safe." She whispered. "Can you promise me you'll protect her with your life?" Emma looked at Logan.

"I promise." He said.

"Well then, this is where we part. Until we meet again." They shook hands one last time and Emma walked out the door. She started crying but she knew this is what was right. She went into her sub and went back. When she got there she went into her room making sure no one saw her and acting like nothing happened. Then she fell asleep and when she woke up all she heard was Shaw.

"Emma! Emma!" He screamed and she woke up and went to him.

"What wrong?" She asked knowing full well what he was screaming about.

"She gone. The baby's gone."

"Someone took her?" Emma said acting hysterical and even dropping a few tears.

"I'll kill them. Whoever took her. I'll kill them."

"You'd better." Emma said slightly afraid of what the future may hold.