13 - She's So Cute

--No-one's Pov--

A month passed since the two hunters disappeared. After their bodies were recovered by the Nighwatch, they wanted it on the downlow. The state of their bodies drew questions among the Nightwatch. They combed the scene, finding significant traces of blood and what they swore was a trachea.

The one thing they didn't know was that Emilia and Billie were in the area. Even though they didn't do it, they could be potential targets.

This is what Maggie feared. After she heard the news from two of the alphas, they were on alert. She knew Billie would never expose herself to a human unless she knew she was in danger. That's how she knew Billie didn't have a hand in it...but the way it was explained the deaths were similar to how they found the people Billie killed.

Finneas still didn't fully like the idea of Billie with Emilia but he was slowly getting used to it. As long as Villie remained calm and collected.

After their first date, Billie and Emilia went out every Saturday. Going to the park, to the movies, even out for ice cream one day and while sitting in the parking lot they made fun of people who looked a hot mess.

Their dates usually ended the same; Billie driving them home and walking Emilia up to her door to tell her goodnight followed by a kiss on the cheek or lips which was something Emilia grew to love.

One Saturday had to be cut short due to the full moon, which Billie excused as a family emergency.

They had a date this Saturday and decided to have a night in, so for the first time in a while Emilia stepped foot into her friend's old home. Her mom was working late, as usual, and her brother had his girlfriend over.

She was hesitant but finally entered, taking in the fact everything still looked the same.

"My room is just up the stairs. Next to the bathroom, the door on the-"

"The right. That's Tara's old room." Emilia said with a frown.

Billie exhaled deeply, beginning to feel bad for inviting her in. "If you don't want to go up there right now, we can just hang out downstairs."

"Where's your mom?" Emilia asked.

"She went to dinner with a few of her friends." Billie said. She was happy to see Driscoll, Ronan and their wives (Delany and Sandy) for the first time in a while. And she was happy that their mom was able to go out tonight.

Billie followed Emilia as she walked into the living room and looked around. She saw Finneas walk in from the kitchen and look at them.

"Hey." He said.

Emilia looked at him, "hi."

"Um, Billie. Claudia and I are heading out. I don't know what time we'll be back so you guys keep it PG." He laughed as Claudia hit him on the arm.

"Don't mind him, Emilia."

"Where are you going?" Billie asked.

"Well, we're going for dinner then maybe a walk in the park. You two have fun." Claudia said, practically dragging Finneas out of the house before he could say anything else.

"Sorry about that." Billie said with a laugh.

"It's okay."

"Want me to take your bag upstairs?"

"I can do it."

"You know where my room is."

Billie watched as Emilia went up the stairs, hoping that it wouldn't bring back any memories, but it was stupid to hope that. She knew how much Emilia loved Tara, based on what she's heard.