9 - Pros and Cons

--No-one's Pov--

It was 10am when Blake got home.

He entered the house as quietly as possible, knowing well enough that Emilia was still asleep. Looking around the living room, he saw two indentations on the couch letting him know that she had someone over.

He walked up the stairs and went straight for the bathroom door, which was cracked. He opened it only to see Billie looking around. She looked at him, her toothbrush in hand.

They shared a look as he tried to hold in a laugh then she spoke up, "where's the toothpaste?"

"Behind the mirror." He said as she opened the mirror over the sink.

She shyly smiled, "thanks."

He turned and walked toward his room, trying not to laugh. "I knew Emmy had it in her." He said under his breath only to stop when he heard Billie step out.

"There you go." She said, walking past him.

"Hey, Billie?"

She turned to look at him, "yeah?"

"Thank you for keeping her company." He said.

"Uh. Yeah, you're welcome?" Billie said, confused.

"She isn't really good with being by herself so thank you for making sure she was okay." He says, walking into the bathroom.

--Billie's Pov--

I can see why Emilia can't stand him sometimes. Acting like I couldn't hear him. Just because two people stay the night together or sleep in the same bed doesn't mean they're together or fucking.

Though, I can say I wish that was true. I saw the way she was looking at me last night. Like she wanted to make a move, or wanted me to make a move. God knows I wanted to, want to, but I'd rather respect her wishes than ruin what we have.

Or start something that'll most likely make her a target.

I walked back to her room, opening the door as quietly as I could without waking her up and walked in. I gently closed the door behind me and walked back to the side of the bed I was sleeping on.

I couldn't help the smile that formed on my face when I looked at her. She was on her side, facing away from me and curled up under the thick blanket. Her hair was a mess; flowing every which way it could, thick strands laying over her face.

I grab the edge of the large blanket, gently and slowly pulling it back. I laid down beside her, pulling it over my chest before turning onto my side, facing her. As I settled, she mumbled something and shifted slightly.

I scooted closer, carefully wrapping my arm around her waist with my other arm laying on the pillow just above her head. I closed my eyes, breathing in her minty scent then nuzzled my face into her hair.

It was still pretty early.

What's another hour or two?

--Emilia's Pov--

I slowly awoke to feeling some weight on my leg. I turn to see Billie starfishing again and nearly taking up the whole bed. Luckily I had a big mattress.

Slowly turning over, I faced her; eyeing every inch of her insanely perfect face. I reach out, barely tracing her cheek with my fingertips. Her nose scrunched up as I did this, and I smiled. I bring my fingers down to lightly trace over her slightly parted lips. I wanted to kiss her so badly.

"It's rude to stare, you know?" She said as she slowly opened her eyes.

"Sorry. I thought you were asleep."

"Still doesn't excuse the staring problem." She smirked. I bit the inside of my cheek as I tried to think of what to say.

"Tell you the truth?" I ask, watching her nod as she turns onto her side, "I don't know what it is about you but you're the only other person I've ever genuinely felt safe around. I've been kicking myself for rejecting you."

"You don't have to feel bad. I told you I und-,"

"-I know what you said...but honestly, I like you. Ever since you kissed me, I can't stop thinking about you." I saw her face fall, sadness taking over her usual expression. "What's wrong?"

"I don't want you to feel like you have to rush into something. I mean, I'm not offended or anything."

"Do you not want me?"

"It's not that. You said no not too long ago. I just want you to be sure and not leave me if you change your mind."

"How about we just test it out? See if it's what both of us want. If it's not, we can wait."

--Billie's Pov--

I didn't know what was going through her mind, all I knew is that she was serious. I could feel it; the honesty, the trust.

"Billie. I know I said we need to know each other better but...I feel like I already know everything about you."

Not everything.

"Unless you've changed your mind." As she said that, I could hear the disappointment in her voice. I look at her to see her expression has changed.

"I mean, I like you too. It's just, and forgive me for being a cliche, I don't want to ruin our friendship." I say as I thought about it for a good minute, putting together the pros and cons in my head.

Pros; a chance at some form of normality...happiness?

Cons; danger, for us both. My wolf. The possibility of snapping and losing control.

I shake my head ridding myself of any thought of harm being brought to this precious girl beside me. I could never hurt her. The only girl who has actually liked me for me and not for my dick.

"Billie?" She said, earning my attention.

"Let me think about it, okay?" I say.

--No-one's Pov--

As Billie left Emilia's house a few hours later, she couldn't help but think of more possible dangers. Terrible, endless possibilities.

She's seen what happens when her kind dates humans, let alone mates with them. She couldn't put that on Emilia, she just couldn't. She cared for her too much. To Emilia, Billie was sweet, a good listener. Someone she could rely on...but to Billie?

Emilia was forbidden fruit. One bite, or in this case one kiss, and she was addicted. The smaller girl tasted sweet, like fresh honey out of the jar. She had to admit to herself that she couldn't get enough of her, but she was being considerate.

Sure she was technically an animal, built mostly on basic and primal instinct...but it didn't mean she had to act like one. Take whatever she wanted when she wanted it, no.

That wasn't her.

She was sweet, soft and according to her past girlfriends, a helluva lover. She just hoped that for once, just once, they both could be happy.

As she entered her house, she was smiling; thinking of a possible life, one where she wasn't a creature of the moonlight. One where she was human. A life where she would be able to have kids with her possible wife and not have to deal with the consequences.

Not having to deal with old friends turned enemies trying to harm her and her family.

Elijah. She regrets not killing him that day but she knew he'd turn up sooner or later.

Though this imagination, of a different life, came to a screeching halt when she was met by Finneas in the corridor. He gave her a look before motioning into the living room where Drew and Zoe sat.

"Guys, what are you doing here? It's so good to see you." She said with a short lived smile.

They gave her a look before Drew spoke. The two words she said echoed in Billie's head.

"Elijah's dead."