20 - Hold Me Close**

--Tara's Pov--

Nearly two weeks passed and the thought still lingered on my mind. I saw the whole thing; the way the guy was screaming bloody murder at Emmy and pointing a gun at her. It was like he was absolutely sure she was a wolf.

But I knew she wasn't, there was no way. If she was she would have already turned at 13 like Billie and the rest of the wolves. Even if she wasn't a wolf, why the sudden interest in her? Why the sudden interest in the wolves all together?

It baffled me and not in a good way. I'm genuinely worried for Emilia and it sucks that I can't do much to help her, let alone talk to her about it.

So instead I'm here; sitting on the edge of a building, looking out at the night sky and down below at the traveling beams of car lights. I looked at one of the restaurants and smiled when I saw Billie and Emilia exiting, all smiles and laughter.

If only things were different, I thought as I watched them get into Billie's car and drive off.

"I wish they were too." Ezra said from behind me.

I stood and turned to stare at him, "well unfortunately for us the world is built on dead wishes."

"What are you doing up here?" He asked.

"Looking after them." I say, referring to Billie and Emilia.

He laughed, "and what could possibly happen in a very public space?"

"You never know."

He followed me as we jumped down and easily landed on the ground in the alley. "Tara, I'm just saying. What if you're drawing attention to yourself?"

"What do you mean?"

"You visit her a lot. While she's asleep. Except the two times she woke up and you had to compel her to forget."

"Ezra, you don't understand. What if it was your sister?" I asked. He opened his mouth to speak only to hesitate.

"Exactly." I say, walking off. I heard him follow me.

"Tara, you just need to be careful. I kinda enjoy not being the targeted species for a change." He stated.

I scoff as we walk into a crowd. I knew how to be careful. It was Billie I was worried about.

--Emilia's Pov--

As Billie backed me into my room, our lips not breaking away, I couldn't help but be thankful that my brother was out and mom was working overnight otherwise we'd have to go over to her place.

After getting her shirt unbuttoned and mine off, I started unbuckling her belt as she pushed me back to my bed. The back of my knees hit the mattress sending me back and I pulled her with me. She settled between my legs and connected our lips once more.

She ground into me as her lips made contact with my neck; kissing, licking and nipping at my pulse point. I let out a moan when she bit harder than she normally did, earning a growl from her and feeling her pin my wrists against the mattress.

She pulled back to look at me and I don't know if it was the lighting or my lust filled hysteria, but as I looked up...the blue eyes I fell for were yellow, golden almost before fading back to light blue.

"Your eyes..."

Her brows furrowed, "what about them?"

"They were a different color for a second."

"It was just the lighting." She smiled sweetly at me, crawling down my body leaving a trail of kisses down to the hem of my pants.

As she unbuttoned them, my door opened. "Hey sis-whoa!" I hear Blake say as Billie throws herself onto me in a very poor attempt to cover me. I saw Blake had his eyes squeezed shut, facing the floor.