-18-

Not edited.

He turned back to face Josie. The expression on her face was one of horrified wonder.

"Are you serious?" she spoke with shock evident in her voice.

He nodded once.

"Dad had another family."

"Wha... what? You mean after he and your mum split up?"

"Nope. I mean side by side until Mum left him."

Josie flopped back against the lounge. The Nicholas Price who was always talking about the importance of being faithful and supportive in a marriage had another family? No. There's no way. He wouldn't... would he?

"He divorced Mum before I was born and married Grace. They had six kids."

"You're joking?!"

He shook his head "I wish I was but it's all true. He didnt give a shit about us Josie. He..."

Grayson couldn't speak. Voicing the truth about his father was killing him. He believed in him. He believed everything.

"Josie... everything he told me about my mother was a lie. Everything! He told me she was a whore who fucked around with anything that had a dick. He told me that it wasnt until we were born looking like him that he actually knew we were his. Josie he told me she didn't want me" he choked "he said she tried to get rid of me by throwing herself in front of a car."

She sat silently in absolute and complete disgust at what the man did to Grayson.

"I dont believe that for a moment."

"Why would he say something like that Josie?" he sat down on the edge of the single chair near "why would he say my mum didn't want me?"

"Control. He wanted to control you. He lost control of your mother and Maxon and Damon were too old and saw too much. You were an easy target."

"I was a fucking idiot you mean".

"No Grayson. You were a young boy who believed in his father."

"I can't believe I was that stupid."

"Oh stop it Grayson." Josie sat forward on the lounge. "Blaming yourself for your father's warped mind isn't helping anyone."

"He's the reason."

"What are you talking about?"

Grayson looked at her with a look of shame on his face.

"I'm sorry Josie." He dropped his head and looked at the floor.

"Grayson...?" she spoke nervously.

Grayson's sobs echoed through the silent room and Josie sat, completely frozen as she watched him come apart. On the one hand she wanted to comfort him but on the other she was worried that if she did then he'd clam up again. So she waited.

"Josie... " he whispered "he told me that all women... you... were whores and needed to be controlled... and I... I believed him."

**************

I know these are short chapters but this app keeps seizing up and closing and I lose stuff. So smaller chapters are better than having to rewrite it all. I'll be adding another chapt in a few hours I think.