-31-

Not edited. So sorry. I know I promised a quick update but things happened and I just couldn't finish the chapter. Won't give you a million reasons but just... well i couldn't.

Grayson sat at his desk with his head propped up by his hands as his eyes were closed in a way to fight off the pain he felt.

He was going to see his mother.

London UK... in three weeks. Lucas had made all the arrangements for him and even sorted out a passport for Nicholas after Josie agreed to go with him. He was estatic when she agreed. It wasn't that he was afraid she'd refuse even though there was a small part of him that he had to admit had been terrified. It was just that, well, he wasn't sure she wanted to know the whole truth about his father... the man who'd destroyed something that could have been beautiful from the outset.

Now after all these years they were going to see the woman who'd been treated even worse than him. How one man could rule with so much power over others was beyond him. If only he hadn't been so blinded by the last words his father had said to him on the day that his mother walked away... maybe things would have been different.

His mother was apparently over the moon when she'd heard from Lucas. She reportedly cried into the phone for ages as his words had sunk in.

She was going to see her son... after sixteen years she was going to speak with him. She'd tried in the beginning but when Grayson stopped coming to family occassions because she was going to be there and expecting to talk she knew that as much as her heart was breaking it was time to walk away... and be ready when he needed her.

She relived those final moments over and over again. The day her son walked away was the day she started to grieve. To grieve for the little boy who would be lost as he tried to be just like his father.

"You liar! My father wants me! You don't know anything you stupid cow. I hate you. You're a stupid dumb whore like my father says. You took us away from him. You made us grow up without a dad. I hate you!"

Each time the last time they spoke played through his mind he hated himself a little more. He said alot of dreadful things to her. Would she ever be able to forgive him? He didn't deserve her forgiveness just as he didn't deserve Josie's. but she was giving him a second chance so there had to be some kind of hope. Some kind of step forward.

Something. Anything.

In these past weeks of spending time with Josie and Nicholas he saw the true love a mother had for a child... a look he once received.

Each day he and Josie became closer and closer although he knew that she was holding back, waiting for him to change back into the momster he once was. Each day he proved that monster no longer lived in him. Each day, whether in person or on the phone he made sure she knew just how important she was... and not just because of Nicholas. In her own right, Josie Mitchell had her hands around his heart and he'd given in.

It had been nearly two weeks since that first night of letting Josie sleep after being so distraught and now he stayed the night every other day in Nicholas' room so she could sleep. She was an amazing woman and an even more amazing mother.

He'd be seeing them tonight and bring Josie up to speed on everything Lucas had told him. She was so easy to talk with, a truly amazing woman who understood the words he didn't say out loud, the ones he was afraid to admit.

After everything, all the yelling, the lies and the tears... he still loved his mother.