-14-

Not edited. Small one pricelings.

Maxon stared with his mouth wide open as Grayson walked towards the house carrying a baby. Not just any baby though. Nope. One that looked just like him.

"What the?" was all that he could say.

Grayson grinned "Maxon meet my son."

A grin started to form on Maxon's face.

"This is why she wanted to see you."

Grayson nodded.

"She called him Nicholas. Max she named him after Dad."

Maxon didn't know whether to feel proud or sickened by the thought but he could see that Grayson was fighting the same battle by the expressions on his face.

"Tough call" were the only words said, the only words needed as Grayson nodded his head.

"So hand him over!"

Maxon grabbed Nicholas and raised him up to be rewarded with a tiny shriek and a quick dodge of his head avoided the dropping spit that fell from the baby's mouth.

Grayson snorted out a laugh as Maxon cringed while bringing his nephew down to look him in the eyes.

"Hey bud. Christening the favourite uncle isn't the way to go! How about we go and see if your cousin's awake while your Dad grabs your stuff?"

Grayson watched as his brother walked off with his son.

His son.

He'd never get tired of that. He only wished that he hadn't given up looking for Josie after she left.

Walking up the pathway to the house he recalled how often he'd pounded on Charlie's door trying to find her. Six months he looked. Six very empty and lonely months and still, until she contacted him, whenever he went to another town his eyes were always searching. All he needed was a glimpse, just one glimpse so he knew where to start looking again. It never happened. She didn't want to be found.

After six months he went crazy. His drinking got out of hand and he started to sleep with whomever was available. He wasn't proud of what he'd been doing but he and Josie were over. He wasn't cheating on her, she'd made it clear through Charlie that they were over. At first he felt like he was betraying her but he pushed that aside, she didn't want him.

If only that bitch hadn't used the fact that he was drunk and kissed him in the darkness of the shadows near the campfire. He truly thought that it was Josie he was kissing, he even said her name. The bitch knew exactly what she was doing, she knew that Josie was on her way to be with him. She admitted it days later when he confronted her. It was planned by her and her friends. They planned to break them up so one of them would have a chance with him.

They were wrong.

Not once did he ever look at her or any of her friends after he started going out. Never again did he allow himself to get that drunk that he didn't know who he was with.

He still planned to destroy each one of them for the pain they caused not only him and Josie but their son. They had to pay the price of being sluts.

It didn't excuse him for what he did. If he hadn't got so blind drunk he would have known it wasn't Josie he was kissing.

Now she was back and came with the greatest gift that anyone had ever given him.

They needed to talk, to sort things out because now that she was back there was no way he'd let her walk away without a fight.

His feelings for her hadn't changed but this time he knew his eyes were open to the way that he'd been with her. He just hoped that she would see that he was more than willing to change.

He'd change for her.