-26-

Not edited. I've rewritten this so many damn times and I'm still not happy with it...AT ALL! This will definitely be noted for a proper rewrite.... cause it sux and needs more detail and emotion and and and and... it sux! I hate this conversation sooooo much!!!! BUT I'm posting it so that I can continue with Grayson and Josie's story. *Sigh* love love. Will be posting a chapter in Concealed Consequences in an hour xxx

"Look woman, I get it. Your boss is busy and all that other crap but I don't give a damn. Just put him on the god damned phone!"

"I'm sorry sir but I need your name."

"Just put me through woman."

The woman sighed into the phone "Please hold."

Grayson sat with his fingers drumming on his desk and wondering if he was doing the right thing. He asked himself the question he asked a million times already.. Would this come as a surprise or did they already know?

"Hello"

How Grayson made it through those first few seconds of introduction he still had no clue. The moment he said who he was there was silence on the other end of the line.

"I know who you are Grayson. We have the same father."

Grayson felt his throat start to constrict and he found himself reaching for air that didn't want to come.

"You know..."

Donovan sighed, this wasn't what he wanted to deal with right now with everything else going on. It sucked to be honest that they even had to do this in the first place.

"Yeh. Our father was never one to keep his dick in his pants."

"Shit" Graysons voice was trembling almost as much as his body "Were you close to him?"

"Oh fuck no. The arsewipe treated us all like shit when our mother wasn't around. What about you?"

This whole conversation was something of a surreal drama movie.

"I thought I was. He had me convinced of a lot of shit. I treated my mum like crap because of it. Nearly lost my girl and my son..."

Donovan started to chuckle darkly "Let me guess... all women are whores you have to keep control of so they don't cheat on you?"

Grayson felt the floor beneath him drop away as the words unscrambled themselves in his mind.

"I think... I think this might have been a mistake..."

"Grayson!" Donovan felt the pangs of something he didn't really understand. How could he feel like he needed to protect Grayson from everything their father had done?

"Grayson... are you still there?"

"Yeah. Sorry. This is just so fucked up. I spent more than half my life believing dad was telling me the truth and as it turns out he was a fucking man whore. He fucking claimed women were whores, he taught me to treat women like shit. He fucking controlled everything I did and like a fucking idiot I believed everyrhing he said."

Donovan felt his heart breaking. This wasn't something he expected to feel for any if them.

"Grayson you can't blame yourself for the way that Dad was. Shit, he chose to be like he was. He was a fucked up piece of shit" he paused for a moment and the words swirling around in his head for years finally got to be said. "He never wanted kids, he just wanted a legacy he could mold into the image of himself. He didn't give a fuck what you wanted, you had to do what he said and if the fucker told you jump you didn't even stop to question how fucking high."

Again he paused.

"Grayson, you aren't reponsible for anything he did. From the sounds of it he brainwashed you..."

"Yeh he did."

"How is that your fault? He tried it with us too. My brother Ian is so fucked up he ruined two marriages. He's not actually like Dad but he has sone serious trust issues. Nadane got married as soon as she turned eighteen so she could get out of the house. Adrian,well he's not the happiest of people..."

"What about you?"

"Me Grayson? I have an appointment in twenty minutes with the woman my father arranged me to get married to."

"Bullshit! That's seriously fucked up! Can't you get out if it?"

Donovan laughed "If only it were that easy. He tied it all down with a business deal. It's set in concrete and wrapped up in chains. Even dead he's still running my life."

"He really was a sick prick" Grayson's words were almost an inaudible whisper.

"He was Grayson. That's my point."

Time passed with the clicking of the damn clock on the wall as Grayson thought of the words Donovan was saying. There was a question he had to ask.

"How long have you known?"

Donovan hadn't really prepared himself for this question, hell he hadn't prepared himself for any of this!

"I found a newspaper clipping in my... our dad's desk drawer. It was Maxon graduating."

Grayson's breath hitched as he mentally counted the years. He felt... betrayed.

"You never tried to find us?"

"Yeh I did and yes I found you. I even said hello to Damon in passing."

"Why didn't you say anything?"

"What exactly could a teenage kid do Grayson? Just rock up and say hey there I'm your brother?"

"You should have... but I can see why you didn't."

Again there was silence as the two brothers thought over the words they'd spoken. It was only a matter of time before the inevitible question needed to be answered.

"So, where to go from here?"

Donovan ran a weary hand across his face.

"I really don't know. I have to tell the others about this..."

"They don't know?" Graysonwas somewhat surprised though not completely.

"No. I decided that our father had done enough damage to our lives and to be honest I never intended to contact any of you..."

"We're family. Blood." Grayson stated firmly.

Donovan had no idea what to think in that moment apart from the fact that in just a few minutes of talking with Grayson he knew that he himself wouldn't be able to let this go. He wanted to meet with his half siblings but he wouldn't go against his own.

"Yes. You're right. We're family. I'll talk with the others and get back to you."

"Thats all I'm asking. I'll talk with Dam and Max to see what they want as well."

Donovan looked at the time and cringed. He had to see that woman in ten ninutes.

"Grayson, I have to go. But I'll get back to you soon."

"Right. Talk then."

"Oh and Grayson.."

"Yes?"

"Nice to meet you little bro."

Grayson chuckled "Great, another fucking big brother!"

The pair laughed as they said their goodbyes. Neither knew where this would lead but there was an unspoken agreement that neither them nor their siblings would ever deny.

Nicholas Price's reign of domineering control over his family was gone... he lost... they'd won.