𝐴𝑛 𝑂𝑙𝑑 𝐴𝑐𝑞𝑢𝑎𝑖𝑛𝑡𝑎𝑛𝑐𝑒

Start from the beginning

"Karatachi?" Akari repeated

"Exactly."

"Is – is this a fixed marriage? Are you forced –"

"No. I'm marrying my future husband out of force but love." Her voice was so sincere but it's hard to believe it isn't Boruto.

This was far from what Akari had imagined. She finally came back so Boruto should be happy yet he's sulking in his office because he found out that Sarada's getting married next month? It's like the past was rewind yet reverse.

Hence, their world suddenly turned upside down. Not long after their tea was served, still Akari's eyes are locked upon Inojin who did not avert his gaze and looked back at her.

"Excuse me, I have to go to the restroom." Sarada got up and walk away

"Inojin! What is this all about?!" she almost burst out

"It is what it is." He simply responded

"What's clearly going on?"

"You heard her, didn't you? She lost her memories... most of it are hers and Boruto... all she sees now is the evolving world of hers for Kagura."

"How about Boruto?"

Inojin heaves a deep sigh, "He's... broken."

Hearing his friend defined him now was saddening. How did this become a cruel outcome? Did she not do the right thing before? But why was Boruto doing nothing to this? Is he going to let her go?

"Then why didn't he just take action to this?!"

"I don't know what's the reason behind him not taking her back but that's his choice... now, all we wish to approach is the happiness of our friends –"

"Even if he's hurting? You're still okay with it?"

"Don't get all worked up, Boruto had his reasons and I don't stand a chance nor had the rights to tell him what he should do. I'm just a supporter of his... I don't hold his choices... I don't create his reasons. I'm just a supporter of his decisions."

"But can you stand seeing him hurting?"

"Of course, I can't. But then again... I can't decide for him?"

Akari couldn't believe it, Inojin don't even care? So, all she did two years ago was worthless? Meaningless? Is there such thing as fate will bring two people in the end? Just how will Boruto live his life all alone and hurt like this? She has gone mad; this was outrageous for her.

Sarada came back smiling so gleefully, "did you guys had a good time while I wasn't around?"

"We're good." Inojin quickly spoke

Akari was spacing out, this is so frustrating to be thought of! For her, this doesn't make any sense at all, Sarada's already here so why not grab the chance?

I had to talk some senses to him...

***

Chocho was back at her office, still gloomy. Mitsuki had to return to the laboratory since there was a lot of experiment to work on. She was all alone in this big office, it has features yet feels so lonely.

She had been thinking about it, did she say the right thing? Is she being selfish to Bolt? But she did all that because she didn't want her best friend to suffer anymore like the past years before now.

She thought that Sarada would be better off without Boruto, it seems like Kagura treasured her, love her, and only cared for her. He's the man that Sarada deserves, all their friends only want wan what's best for them, right?