Love Bite

This one is based on the GIF in the header that really made me think about BINJIN.

This is only an imagined scenario, and isn't based on any real event. Please don't take it seriously.

*

"Hey, what're you up to?"

Pressing her lips against her partner's strong buffed arm, Son Ye-jin flops herself up on a high stool by the kitchen bar, stifling a yawn as she watches the scene unfolding before her sleepy eyes.

Her partner of two years returns the kiss on her forehead, ruffling her bed hair affectionately before returning to the chore at hand - making coffee.

"I'm making you coffee. Since you've been hankering for it nonstop the moment you woke up from your afternoon nap."

"That wasn't a nap, bubba. Let's face it, I slept."

Chuckling with dimples on full display, Hyun Bin gazes at her lovingly. "You did. And you deserved every minute it."

He takes a moment to appreciate the languid movements of her almond eyes, still in the throes of slumber, her brown hair cascading in every direction all over that pretty head, clothes heavily crumpled from sleep. His favourite look, that's for sure.

Ye-jin, though still in all her yawning glory, doesn't miss the way he carefully measures just the right amount of freshly-ground coffee beans before placing them on a filter and pouring hot water starting from the inside, the gradual swirl working its way to press through the burnt umbers.

And when the love of her life, clad in nothing but white shirt and sweatpants, hands her the heavenly cup of coffee, Ye-jin forgets about the brewing storm in the world outside, and thinks that all is well at that very moment.

"Thank you, bubba. This has to be my favourite thing in the world," she says sweetly as she gratefully smells the rich aroma from her cup.

Instead of answering, Hyun Bin waits for her to take her first sip before leaing forward to give her a gentle peck on the corner of her mouth, tasting the coffee that had just grazed her lips, and eliciting a soft squeal out of her.

They sit together in companionable silence, she with her beloved cup of coffee, and he with his final task of using his hands to sweep some leftover coffee grounds off the counter. After he's done, he walks towards Ye-jin to take her hand.

"Let's watch a movie?"

Ten minutes later, the loving couple sit lazily on their couch in front of the big screen TV, the tall Hyun Bin laying on his side behind his smaller partner, whose legs are curled up to her chest. He wraps an arm around her shoulder so he can cushion her head as it rests on the side against the arm of the couch.

In the middle of the film, the sensitive actress can't quite concentrate when her olfactory system vaguely picks up a scent that's sending strong happy chemicals to her brain.

What is that?

Peering around her, she stops when she realizes the smell was coming from the hand perched lightly on top of her shoulder, just inches away from her face.

The smell of coffee, forever her greatest addiction, beckons to her once again, and she leans forward to answer the call, unable to resist.

Oblivious to his partner's musings, Hyun Bin keeps quiet as he watches the movie, occasionally grazing his cheek against her strawberry-scented hair.

He is about to comment on the current scene, when he feels sharp pain slicing through his right hand.

"Aaaaah!"

Realizing Ye-jin is full-on biting his hand, he turns his head to look down at the woman he loves, whose teeth are planted firmly on the space between his thumb and his wrist. He hears her laughing, and mumbling something about the taste of the coffee grounds, and he all but chuckles.

Honestly, he would've been alarmed if this were the first time she'd shown odd behaviour, as silly as it was.

But this is his Ye-jin. And his Ye-jin is a hundred percent quirky, adorable, and just plain... natural. Something only he is allowed to see on a daily basis.

He shakes his head as he finally feels her releasing his poor hand that had just been unknowingly victimized by a human rabbit.

"I'm sorry," she giggles.

"That was way worse than this horror movie we're watching."

Feeling the gentle and loving kiss he leaves on her hair, Ye-jin sighs contentedly and leans back further to move her head away from the side of the couch in favour of the crook of his neck.

Reaching up to intertwine her left hand with the one she had just munched on, she slowly plants an apologetic kiss on the bite mark, letting her lips linger for a while.

When she feels him wrap his arms tighter around her, she sighs dreamily, inwardly thinking how coffee isn't really her favourite thing in the world.

It is this.

-
GIF via Tenor