Can't Help Falling in Love

This is an entirely imagined BINJIN scenario.

It's almost bordering on RPF since it's based on a real event, i.e. Yejin's birthday, but this is only a product of my imagination. Please don't take it seriously.

*

11 January 2021

It's midnight, and they sit in his Lincoln Navigator, their hands intertwined.

She's wiping her tears as they finish watching her birthday ads at COEX, where they had just driven off to.

With their fingers laced tightly together, he moves towards her to kiss her lips and her tears away, running his thumb over her hand in soothing circles.

They watch the ads – a thoughtful loving gift from her fans around the world – for a few more minutes before he drives them back to her apartment, where he had secretly asked a few people to set up a surprise midnight birthday treat for her outside her garden.

He leads her there once they get home, and she's visibly overwhelmed when she sees the gorgeous setup before her: petals scattered on the floor, her patio table filled with baskets and bouquets of blowers, balloons, gifts and cakes, with golden fairy lights strung high above them.

Still emotional from the never-ending surprises, she wraps him in a tearful embrace, her arms wounding around his waist, burying her face against his chest.

He rubs her back before coaxing her to sit down, telling her that most of the stuff had come from her loyal fans, friends and family.

He then reaches inside his pocket where he produces a dainty white box, giving it to her with a shy grin.

She opens it with happy eyes, and gasps upon seeing a stunning rose gold necklace with a heart pendant.

She doesn't move from her seat as he stands up to secure his gift around her delicate neck, kissing the back of it as he does so, and mumbling an affectionate happy birthday in her ear before pulling back.

They enjoy some of the delicious cakes, and toast to her special day, clinking their champagne glasses before wounding them around each other's arms as they drink.

After she reads through some of the cards and open a few of the gifts on the table, he then stands up and extends his hand to her, saying, "will you dance with me?"

And of course she says yes to him, as she always does, accepting his hand with a wide smile, her eyes shining upon him.

He pulls her into his arms, one hand holding her waist, the other clasped with hers. She palms his nape, her fingers gently stroking the side of his neck.

Never leaving their gaze off each other, they dance without any music, preferring instead to move to the beat of their hearts and the soft hums of a familiar love song coming from him, their bodies swaying together in a slow rhythm, right there under the moonlight.

"Happy birthday, my love," he whispers in her ear, inhaling the scent of vanilla from her hair, his deep baritone voice making tingles run down her spine.

She smiles up at him, her eyes putting the crescent moon hanging in the night sky to shame, releasing his hand so she can wrap her arms around his neck.

Gently bringing his head down to hers, she plants a chaste kiss on his lips, and thanks him for a magical night.

He presses his forehead against hers, looking into her eyes where he can see not only the reflection of himself but that of his life, his love, and his future.

"I love you," he says, cupping her cheek, his thumb padding her soft skin.

"And I love you," she replies, going on her tiptoes to bump her nose against his. "You are the best gift I could ever ask for."

They spend the rest of her birthday in each other's arms, basking in quite possibly the purest form of love ever known to man.

_
Photo from ohsonyejin on Twitter