Flower Garden

This is only an imagined BINJIN scenario, inspired by Hyun Bin's latest interview, where he said he bought gloves in order to tend to his flower garden at home uwuuuuuu

Please don't take it seriously.

*

"...golf, a glass of beer, traveling, Son Eon Jin, and..."

As he finishes ticking off his list of Ten Nice Things on his fingers, Hyun Bin pauses dramatically, pretending to knit his eyebrows in deep thinking over the final item on the list, staring up the skies, before looking down at the playful Maltese beside him with a cheeky grin on his face.

"...and, Kitty-ah!"

At the mention of her name, the fluffy puppy wags both her tail and her tongue in excitement, leaping up on his Dad's crouched form to place her little paws on his knees.

Laughing at the cute display, he endeavors to give the pet-child a pat on the head by using his arm, since both his hands are covered in muddy soil from tending to the flower garden all morning.

"Wow, so I'm not the finale anymore, huh," his girlfriend muses beside him, where she's down on her hands and knees, digging up enough space in the earth for her plants to grow. "I had a good run before Kitty came along."

"I'll switch it up next time, Jagi," he offers, chuckling. "When she's not here with us, you'll be the finale. How's that?"

He gets a playful roll of her eyes in response, but she reaches over to stroke Kitty's soft fur also against the side of her arm. "No, the spot rightfully belongs to her now."

Using the back of her palm to wipe her forehead, the actress straightens up her back, and looks at her boyfriend curiously. "Speaking of which, why exactly did you bring her out here? I just had her groomed, and now look at her."

As if to demonstrate her Mom's meaning, Kitty marches over to the spot between her parents, sits down elegantly, before suddenly rolling over - effectively turning her pristine white fur a good shade of light brown as she continues spinning herself around the soft earth, lying on her back with her tummy turned towards the sun.

Sighing defeatedly, Yejin shakes her head at the mess her child is making in front of her, but any real disappointment is readily belied by a gentle smile on her face.

Also looking at Kitty with an amused expression on his face, the actor merely shrugs. "Seemed better to have her out with us than leaving her alone by herself indoors."

"Okay, but you take her to the groomers next time," she counters, now using her gloved hand to stroke the fur baby's stomach, figuring all attempts at keeping her clean have just flown out the window at this point anyway.

"I'll take her and you," he says with a look that tells her he's trying hard to keep from laughing.

She narrows her eyes at him. "What's wrong?"

Answering her query, he leans forward towards her, before brushing the streaks of dirt off her face - only, with his own gloved hand also covered in soil, the gesture, as sweetly as it had been given, has now made his girlfriends' face even dirtier.

Mouth hanging open in horror, her eyes widen at the realization of what had just happened. "Kim Tae-pyung! You did that on purpose, didn't you?!"

Dodging her tiny punch on his shoulder by moving to the side, he laughs while raising his hands in mock surrender. "I didn't, I swear. I was too eager to wipe your face, I forgot about this," he explains, waving his open palms in the air.

But she has other plans in mind, and, before he can say anything further, he finds himself being tackled to the ground by his girlfriend, whose slender form is a complete scam to the actual strength she possesses.

"You really are freakishly strong, Jagi," he grunts, his limbs wrestling with hers, but he's not really fighting for dominance so much as enjoying this light moment with her.

Her beautiful laugh echoes through the garden, drawing him to bask in it gloriously, looking up at her adoringly for a fraction of a second, before she takes advantage of his distracted state by pinning his arms beside his head and rubbing her dirtied face against his chest.

Still doubled-over in laughter, she sits up to admire her handiwork, her hands on her waist. "There. Now you can come to the groomers with us, too. Isn't that right, Kitty-ah?"

The puppy all but lazily stares at them, obviously accustomed to this display of affection between her parents, lying down with her head on her paws, looking all bored and unaffected.

"Sometimes, I think she is so done with us," she quips, exhaling a breath as she studies Kitty.

"Yeah, but we are not done," he answers back.

Before she can whip her head towards him to ask exactly what he meant, she finds herself shrieking loudly as he lunges himself forward, tackling her the same way she just did him, their harmonious laughters wrapping them in a cozy little bubble right there in their beautiful flower garden.

-
Photo via Yejinhand ^^