For You I Will

This is a RiRi drabble, exploring how RJH handles YSR's mood swings

*

"I said not now, Jeong Hyeok!"

Yoon Seri applies great force to close her eyes so as not to have to look at the man she loves who was currently staring at her in equal parts disbelief and pain.

She's being petty, she knows it, and she sorely wishes she had even an ounce of control over these damn emotions that were currently holding her hostage, but she just can't seem to break away from their shackles. She can't help the way she feels.

Ri Jeong Hyeok unfortunately had to bear the brunt of these erratic mood swings, which really only ever came once in a blue moon, but had enough magnitude to shake his world to its very core.

He would be lying if he said he was okay with these unpleasant episodes, but he absolutely understood her – where she was coming from, how and why she was molded this way.

And that was enough.

Lately, with Seri laughing one minute and crying the next, along with a few rage-induced tantrums that lasted for several minutes before she moved on to a new inexplicable sentiment, it was clear that the blue moon had risen again.

Exhaling a silent breath with deliberate slowness, he searches her face for any sign of real anger, grateful to find none, and resorts to taking back the bowl of hot homemade noodles he had prepared for her.

She opens her eyes but makes sure to cast them downwards, slowly un-crossing her arms, maintaining her dignified posture on her chair, though there now appears a lone crease of guilt across her forehead.

He manages to smile at her. "If you ever get hungry enough to finally want this, it will be waiting for you downstairs. Okay? Work hard, but please eat soon."

When he's gone, and she's alone again, moving in space and breathing air separate from him, she gives in to another overwhelming emotion – regret.

The tears that fall down her pretty face allow her some respite, for it was in the very nature of tears to wash away even the most indelible of marks, those that are hidden behind a perfectly made-up face, a pair of twinkling eyes, or a bright smile, and she starts feeling infinitely better.

After she successfully resolves her mood on her own, Seri wastes no time in finding him, the way she always does.

Jeong Hyeok stands by the living room area of Seri's luxurious apartment, staring through the glass at the lovely blooms from her indoor garden while sipping a cup of coffee. He didn't usually drink it, especially not more than once a day, but he liked doing so whenever he missed her.

As he takes a deep sigh, ridding his mind of all thoughts, except for one in particular – one who has always managed to pervade his senses the minute he set eyes on her – the silent soldier gives out a low yelp in surprise as he's suddenly enveloped from behind by a slender pair of arms, almost knocking over the hot liquid in his hold.

He waits a few moments before saying or doing anything, watching their reflection on the glass, and his dimpled smile slowly returns to his face at last when he feels her taking a sniff of his cashmere sweater and hears her soft purrs and whispers of I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry.

And of course he accepts the apology he never needed in the first place, for he loves her with no need for reason, so that if she were to throw away every bowl of noodles, every cup of coffee, every morsel of his devotion that would show her she was no longer alone in this world, he would still pick up the broken pieces, at the risk of getting hurt, and wait for her to come back to him.

And she always does.

-
Photo from tvN