Squid Game

This is just a short imagined binjin scenario. Please don't take it seriously ^^
-

"Omo, omo, omoooooooo!"

Putting her hands all over her face, Son Ye-jin shields herself from the scene playing out on the TV in front of her that had started becoming too gruesome for her to bear.

Beside her is her beau, Hyun Bin, who silently laughs to himself over what he deems to be an adorable display by his girlfriend.

He sees her still hiding behind her hands, one eye closed shut, the other intently watching through the gaps of her fingers.

Now laughing out loud, he nudges her playfully. "What's the point of hiding if you're still going to watch it?"

"Ssshhh," is all he gets from the funny woman and her funny antics. "This makes it better for me."

Copying her move by also covering his face with his hands, he tries to watch the TV the same way she does.

"It's the same to me," he eventually concludes, dropping his arms back down and folding them across his chest.

She doesn't say anything, too focused on the ongoing scene in spite of her apparent fear over it.

All of a sudden, when even more carnage flashes on the screen, she lets go of her face, in favour of a throw pillow.

...which she uses to smack him on his arm, over and over again, as if that will somehow make all the blood from the show disappear.

"Aaaaahhhhhh," she screams along with the loud background music, her face a mixture of both horror and amusement.

He takes each blow from her pillow like a pro, not even dodging it, merely straining on the couch in the fervent hope of understanding what's happening on the screen, what with his girlfriend's voice ringing in his ears.

"I can't believe I said I would choose the umbrella," she remarks at the end of the episode, shaking her head aggressively, making her hair fall all over face.

"I can't believe I didn't wear thicker clothing," he jests, rubbing the spot where she had practically assaulted him repeatedly with the pillow. "But pace yourself, Jagi. We have six more episodes to go."

But she waves her hand in the air dismissively as soon as the next one plays out on the TV.

Out of nowhere, a fluffy white Maltese starts bounding towards them, her tail wagging behind her excitedly as she runs.

Without tearing her eyes away from the screen, the actress scoops the puppy up, and places the little one on the small spot on the couch between her and her boyfriend.

"Come here, Kitty-ah," he muses, taking Kitty in his arms, stroking her fur softly.

He moves his head closer to the puppy's ear. "Your mother has gone - " he whispers, before making a gesture with his finger by swirling it around the side of his head.

"I heard that," she mutters, her eyes still glued to the screen, grinning a little when she feels him kissing her forearm, as if to apologise.

Though still engrossed by the show, her hand closest to him keeps reaching out to also stroke the puppy's adorable face.

"Omo," she suddenly blurts out again, abruptly snatching Kitty off her boyfriend's arms, before hugging the puppy as tight as she can in an apparent bid to use the Maltese as her new shield.

He stares at them in horror.

"Hey, give her to me," he says, quickly taking Kitty back, before jokingly checking if she were still breathing.

"Heyyy," she complains, now turning her head to look at him, a pout on her face. "I need her, she makes me calm."

"But she also needs to stay alive," he tells her gently, as if he were talking to a child, and it makes her roll her eyes.

Her arms shoot up in front of her as she gestures her chin towards Kitty, flapping her fingers as if to say come here.

"It's alright, I'm right here," he jokingly coos to the puppy's ear, before giving her back to her mother.

Eventually, she lies down on his lap, Kitty nestled cozily against her chest, as they continue to watch the show.

"How many episodes are left?" She asks when another one ends.

"Five," he replies, running one hand lazily through her long locks, the other petting the adorable puppy.

"Okay," she says, snuggling even closer to him, her head resting comfortably on his thighs. "I can stay here all day, then."

He bends down to give her a kiss on the side of her head, before wrapping his arm on her waist. "Me too."

Before long, she shoots up on the couch again, screaming at the TV, hugging Kitty, and smacking his arm with her hand, the various emotions on her face playing out spectacularly, so that it's as if he's watching two shows at once.

And he loves every minute of it.

_
Photo from yejinhand