T'was Just a Papercut

The forest were filled with the sound of the crickets and chirping birds. As Isle kept walking, the resonance of the susurration of the leaves were heard in the gusty cold breeze. She looked up to see the myriad of fluttering leaves that danced in the high boughs, making a roof over over her. There was a lot to think about but she can't seemed to shake one off. She has been pondering a lot when she was taking a walk in the woods. Bella seemed to have been avoiding her calls lately, even visits.

Edward had mentioned that she visited her when she was still in comatose. She never visits Isle ever again afterwards, Edward didn't mentioned why. Truth be told, Isle misses Bella. There were things, she wants to share, from a human to another human. She felt that she has no friends now. Isle was reminded of Jessamine every now and then. The memory was as clear as a crystal. She grinned to herself, remembering all the fun times she had with her in that dream. She'd do anything to have that back.

Then the vibration of rustling footsteps were felt from beneath her feet. Isle flinched when suddenly Carlisle jumped in front her from above the tree branch.

 "You scared me!" Isle yelled at him, spontaneously pushed him off which had Carlisle taken aback. "I am sorry, I didn't know you will get so scared." Carlisle chuckled while rubbing her arms feeling apologetic. 

"No, I am sorry, I shouldn't have pushed you like that. Come, let's go back to my place." Isle was trying to divert the topic, clinging onto Carlisle's arm. She had been quite sensitive these days, she felt a bit relentless after what had happened.

They were both back at Isle's place now and Carlisle eyed the canvas on the easel. It was a sketch of him that Isle had done earlier. It was a sketch of him smiling while looking away to somewhere, but Carlisle always known that he would always look at Isle, just her alone have filled the emptiness of 300 years. He was glad it was her. The dust from the pencil was deliberately over-colored by Isle to show the  intensity and the clearness of each and every part of Carlisle's face. 

"I'm sorry

"I'm sorry. I couldn't sleep last night and I...missed you." Isle started, smiling at Carlisle. "It's beautiful, I love it." Carlisle kept admiring the sketch of him. He truly loves it.

"Bella's birthday celebration is tomorrow. I wish to have you there celebrating it with us." Carlisle began.

"Really?" Isle questioned letting out a subtle scoff. But Carlisle can only let out a questioned look. He couldn't understand the nature of the problem  by inviting her to Bella's birthday. 

"I don't think Bella wants me there." Isle walked over to her couch. Slumping down.

"Of course she wants you there, whatever do you mean that she doesn't?" Carlisle insisted. "I think she must have gotten scared to death seeing me turning into something I am not." Isle replied looking out the window to the cloudy sky.

"You don't know that for sure. You should ask her instead of assuming, no?" Carlisle rubbed his cold hands against hers. He was grateful for the warmth conjured from Isle. It made him feel like he was still living. Isle went in closer to him and snuggle into his nest and just quietly enjoy looking at the cloudy sky together.