𝐑𝐞𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐬𝐚𝐥𝐬

Start from the beginning

"Hey!" The company belted.

"Woah!" (Y/n) sang  their note in such a manner where it felt like they could lift the entire roof off of the hall. Their melodic tune echoed through the room, sending chills down the rest of the company who danced around them.

"In the greatest city-"

The three of them each moved back into their positions at the centre so that they could prepare for their final note. They stood by each other's sides and looked over the empty chairs that were strewn across the room for their rehearsal, smiling brightly as they all held their arms to their sides; fanning their hands out ready for the others to hold.

"In the greatest city in the world!"

The song ended with the three of them slamming their palms down and linking their hands up together before bursting out into a fit of laughter and giggles as they tried to recover from the final high belt that seemed to top the whole song off. It was like the cherry on top of a perfectly iced cake.

"Woo!" The rest of their crew cheered from the curtains or from the floor in front of the stage. The rest of them all flooded towards the trio, who were all clutching their chests in order to reclaim their voices that they had lost in the final moments of that song. None was suffering more than Niki, who felt like her voice was about to sprout wings and fly off into heaven. Being the highest note out of the three, she was the one to strain it the most.

"Dude, I still don't get how you guys are able to go that high." Techno murmured as he made his way up onto the stage from the ground, his footsteps being sounded as he used the steps towards the side of the stage.

"And I still don't get how you're able to jump onto a table without losing your step and falling off completely." (Y/n) teased back, nudging him with their elbow. He rubbed the spot where he was hit and furrowed his brows with a smirk.

"I stumble a little bit..." he shrugged back. "I'm not perfect, alright?" He chuckled.

"The real question is: How can you perform a whole song while dancing in floofy dresses and high-heels without getting tired?" Tubbo piped up, gesturing towards the slip-ons that each of the sisters donned on their feet. He seemed baffled, but impressed. Though, who wouldn't be? He was right, they would need an insane level of talent to do what they could do in those shoes.

"Ask Niki!" Minx announced to him. "I don't know how she fucking' does all those little swirls in these fuckin' things! I felt like kicking them off halfway through!" Minx lifted her foot up to indicate towards her shoes. "My feet ache so much, it ain't even fucking funny." She rolled her eyes.

"That's why you get the flat heels." Wilbur grinned, catching the stare of death that was given to him by Minx.

Listen, Minx was good at playing her part, she really was. But the entire cast was so afraid that if they gave her the same heels that they had given (Y/n) and Niki, that she'd just end up rolling her ankle and falling halfway through the number. So in order to prevent this, she had to dance in a different pair. The slippers were slightly flatter than theirs, but not enough so that they aren't able to be considered heels.Because while the other two got the shoes that they were actually supposed to be wearing, Minx got sliders that had a slight prop-up at the end.

"They're still stupid! How do real broadway actors dance in this? It's a nightmare!" She huffed, rolling her eyes and folding her arms over her chest. "They should get a reward for wearing these for a whole two hours."

"So let me get this straight, you'd wear boots and heels on the weekend when you go out but you can't stand wearing those heels to perform?" Wilbur snorted out.

"Yeah, because those make me look fucking sexy and these make me wanna throw myself off the stage." She snapped back.

"Well, Minx. I hope you're excited because there's still going to be a lot more dancing involved in this show." Dream laughed from near the back of the crowd.

"I wanna switch to act two. I like the pretty dress better." Minx pouted, a little 'hmph' being heard from her.

"Well, since we're just practising, we could try rehearsing a different song." Wilbur suggested to the rest of them, shrugging and looking over to the rest of them to wait for somebody else to voice their opinion.

"Ooh, how about It's Quiet Uptown?" (Y/n) put in their suggestion quickly.

"Aw, wait, do I die?" Tubbo frowned.

"No, let's not do that one, it makes me sad..." Niki's eyes darkened as her lips tilted downwards slightly. (Y/n) turned towards her and felt their heart sink a little at the sight of their friend.

"Ten duel commandments?" Eret scanned the area, peering around at the others for a possible answer.

"Do we have the props?" George questioned, looking over his shoulder to peek behind the curtain slightly before being pulled back by an answer.

"No, only the costume's have come in..." Sapnap clicked his tongue as he thought about it.

"Well, that's okay, we could just pretend!" Tubbo said enthusiastically as he made a gun-shape using his hand. "Look!" He held it up. "I've got a gun now." He narrowed his eyes at the nothingness that followed his line of sight.

"Tubbo, you are amazing." (Y/n) giggled.

"How about we just go back to the starting point and do Alexander Hamilton?" Wilbur held out his hand, turning his head to exchange glances with the others.

"Are you only suggesting that because it's your song?" Dream arched his brow.

"I mean, we could do What'd I Miss but then you'd be in the spotlight and this is kind of my time to shine." Wilbur smirked jokingly, earning himself an eye-roll from the man playing his rival.

"We could do Alexander Hamilton," Nihachu began. "I mean- we all have a part in it, don't we?" She remembered, looking towards the others for their approval. Dream seemed a little reluctant because it would mean that they were performing Wilbur's song, but it wasn's his main one. It wasn't like he even had that big of a part in it anyway...

"Yeah..." they all hummed.

"Then lets do it!" (Y/n) nodded at their agreement, holding themself up to encourage others to disperse back into their areas for the next number. The rest of them let out a short 'whoop' as their excitement grew for the next song. Wilbur cheered at their shared enthusiasm, excited to start the next performance. There was perhaps nobody who loves performing with their friends moreso than (Y/n), and the show allowed them to practise all of their songs as often as they liked.