82

☀︎

Disregarding the unpleasant stabbing everywhere on my body, I read Xavier's reaction to finally seeing Dracona. When I attacked Carlos Romano, Dracona suddenly stepped in from behind and stabbed my back with his knife. The pain is as apparent as ever, killing the monster occupied me, but now I can feel the fatigue creeping up on my mind.

Xavier made it to me before they succeeded in killing me, the two of them were violently powerful together as a front. Dracona even spilled his life story to me, informing me of who he is exactly and why he has been seeking me out. 

Smirking at Xavier, I advance closer to the weak guy on the ground, his green eyes cut to mine in anxiety. The feared Dracona, nothing more than a pitiful and small gang leader who believes he's the fucking shit. He reminds me of a discount version of Luis, the gang leader I murdered after he ordered people to kill someone at his party. 

"A Martinelli, sì?" Xavier speaks and I nod my head.

Crouching down next to the frightened man, "A cousin of my father. Pablo Dracona Martinelli is the name. I've never met him before, his obsession began with me after he met Carlos the first time. Pablo didn't want any relatives in the city, especially-"

"Especially not someone with ties to the Italian Mafia," Pablo cuts in, I smirk down at him instantly.

Grabbing a knife, I stab it into his thigh and he screams out, "Don't fucking interrupt me."

The pain printed on his face promises his silence and I turn towards a smirking Xavier, "As I was saying, he was a bitch and feared the Italian mafia. As he should, but that's beside the point. All in all, he's a cousin of my father who got into the wrong crowd, he found out Carlos killed my family and was hooked on the idea of murdering me."

Xavier listens to all the information, "Sort of anticlimactic, no?"

"Very," I acknowledge. "Like, what did he expect me to do? Ask you to hold my hoops before murdering him? Fuck no."

He looks down at the weak guy, I feel instant embarrassment for being related to him. I don't associate with inadequate bitches, and Pablo Dracona is exactly that. He hides behind others, he's frightened, he doesn't take the pain well. Xavier recognizes this as well based on the uninterested expression on his face, both of us expected something more. 

Standing to my full height again, I grab the gun from my waistband and shoot Pablo in the knees, devouring in his painful screams before placing a bullet right between his green eyes. Killing him on the spot. 

"You didn't want to play?" Xavier questions with a smirk. "I know more than anyone how much you truly enjoy playing, after all."

"He was dull," I shrug my shoulders, stepping up to the man in front of me I tug him closer by his shirt and place my lips on his. He reciprocates instantly and grabs the back of my neck, deepening the kiss. I have to pull away after a few seconds, "But I probably need some medical attention. The two of them did a number on me."

"How badly are you hurt?" He asks in concern. 

"Stabbed twice, they even added a modest beating to my torso," My words are indifferent, but he grabs behind my legs and back, lifting me up effortlessly. Being carried in bridal style is the last thing I would've expected to happen after I killed Carlos Romano, but somehow it feels right and I don't want Xavier to let go. 

"I just killed your father," I declare, wanting him to wrap his head around it before diving into more with me and our relationship. 

He settles on a smirk, "I know, it was fucking hot."

Laughing at his unexpected reply, I cringe slightly at the pain from my wounded body, "You're insane, Xavier."

"As are you, amore," His tone is truly lighthearted, it makes me dizzy to feel this way. 

His eyes are staring deeply into mine, as a shiver trails down my spine, I bite my lip. He is everything and more to me. Our first couple of meetings were serious and threatening, but I quickly grew to trust him and his intentions. He's the only person I truly trusted because he had nothing to achieve by killing me. 

When we're close to the stairs, he grabs his phone and adjusts his hold on me, supporting my weight with one hand while texting with the other. "I'll just tell the others to drive home and leave one car for us."

"How is everyone?" I ask, reminding myself of the huge fight that went down. 

He smiles at me and carries me bridal style again, the sight of him leaving me completely breathless, "None of ours died, some wounded and they're being treated as we speak. This was a fucking success, siamo invincibili." (We're invincible).

"Don't get too cocky on me now, boss," I tell him with a smile, exhaustion grips my entire frame and I unwind against his firm hold on me. 

"I wasn't the boss down there, Eloisa. You did that yourself, you avenged your family," The pride in his voice has me smiling and I bury my face in the crook of his neck, savoring the rich scent from his beautiful body. 

We reach the steps and he adjusts me to his front, my legs wrap around his waist and his left hand supporting my ass. "Hang on tight, Eloisa. I don't want to drop you."

"I'll have to kill you if you do," I say and tighten my arms and legs around his broad physique. 

He chuckles and starts the climb up the stairs, his muscles flex underneath my body and the friction drives me absolutely crazy. Xavier is the definition of a sexy beast, his huge 6'6 frame would throw anyone off, the darkness and sinister thoughts hiding behind his black eyes. All of that would contribute to people being frightened of him. 

The deal is though; he doesn't intimidate me.

He never did. 

I was too secure in my own abilities to ever fear him, my weapons were always right by my side. Although promised, he never did anything to harm me in any way. It has been somewhat of a ride being with him, from keeping secrets, to harming our relationship by snooping, to kissing him, sleeping with him, dancing around the kitchen, and his laughter. 

There is a lot to be thankful for, it has been a while since I truly felt like that with anyone. But no part of me is afraid to acknowledge it anymore, Xavier Romano means more to me than I would've ever dared think he would.