63

☀︎

Xavier's POV

"She's bleeding out, Xavi!" Oriana screamed through the phone.

My blood instantly ran cold.

"I don't know what happened," My cousin whimpered, her sobs tore through my gut. "She tried to protect us!"

"Xavier," Joseph had grabbed the phone from Oriana. "She'll die if we don't get her to the hospital."

Blistering fear and anger has me barging into the cold hospital, my trembling hands clench with the urgent need to see her. The sterile building has a terrified shudder running down my spine, my eyes scanning the seemingly empty space. Hurrying to the desk of the reception, I look at the receptionist and her eyes widen in alarm at the sight of me. 

"Eloisa Martinelli, where?"

"Floor 3, room 316," She squeaks and I instantly run towards the stairs with a pounding heart, taking them two at a time. I fear for her life, I fear for what happened in the mansion, I fear for what my father caused her, I finally reach the third floor with thoughts exploding through my pounding head. 

My eyes search the numbers above the doors and a doctor swiftly steps in front of me, blocking me from finding her, "Visiting hours are over, sir. I need you to leave the hospital, please."

"No," I scoff and try to step past him, he sidesteps in front of me again and I quickly grab my gun from my coat, aiming it between his frightened eyes. With an angry breath leaving me, I glare at the idiot, "Get the fuck out of my face or I'll place a bullet in that pathetic head of yours."

He moves away instantly and I hurry down the empty hallway, finally spotting room 316. My hands push at the door forcefully and there she is.

Her pale body placed between too many tubes and with too much beeping, a lump forms in my throat and I shut the door behind me. Her eyes are closed peacefully, but the bruising on her delicate skin makes me fucking disgusted. 

I step up to her and grab her freezing hand in mine, the sudden need to feel her warmth again scares the shit out of me. This woman is something else entirely, and here she is, fighting for her life because of something my disgusting prick of a father did. She can't die on me, especially not in the way she did. Her soul is what I crave and the thought of not hearing her snarky tongue again has me reeling. 

"Oh fuck," I whisper and sit down in the chair next to the bed, kissing the delicate skin of her hand I wince at how cold it is. I'm wishing for something to happen, for her to move, for this to be one fucked up joke, but not truly believing in all the crap Disney movies place in our desperate minds. "You didn't listen to me, Eloisa. Why in the hell did you have to go down there and endanger yourself?"

They knew what they were doing by performing a "gutshot" on her, they fucking knew. Trying to ensure her death and getting to Zanto.

When Oriana called me in hysterics, screaming over Eloisa's body to wake up, my blood instantly ran cold. She can't die like this, she isn't allowed to leave me, she is too strong to go down like this. Reality soon hit me and I instantly got an ambulance to the mansion, forcing Oriana and Joseph to carry Eloisa out to the front of the gate.

The doctors told Oriana what had happened. The bullet missed Eloisa's spinal cord by a few inches, which would have been fatal, it would've fucking killed her. They managed to get the bullet out during the surgery, without causing further damage to her abdomen. It's been 26 hours since the fight went down and she hasn't woken up, the doctors tell me that's a relatively good thing.