23

☀︎

Xavier opens the door for me and we're standing in front of an abandoned building, the confusion must be visible on my face. This is the typical building where mafias and gangs kill each other, this is exactly what you see in movies. The rain falls down the sky and only adds to the vibe you get from the grey building. 

My hands are wet once I grab the gun from my thigh band, Xavier raises an intrigued eyebrow at the sight of me pulling up my dress. 

"Don't look at me like that," I tell him, trying to control my erratic heartbeat by his dark eyes checking me out. 

"Like what?" He questions innocently. 

Shaking my head with a smirk, "And don't act stupid either."

Xavier gives me a smirk in return, the sight has my knees quivering and I lick my dry lips on instinct. God this man is painfully attractive. He opens his suit jacket and grabs a gun from a hidden pocket behind the layers of clothes, he also has his own hiding space for weapons apparently. 

"You aren't the only one keeping them close at all times," His low voice explains. 

Nodding, "They have come in handy on more than one occasion, I get it."

His black eyes scan the building, "Some of the men in there are with me, try not to kill too many of my own. The goal is to get Marc out alive and ensure that we've killed the leader in there."

"Who's the leader?"

"I'm not sure, he's the guy who grabbed the phone from Marc. One thing I'm certain of, is that he's out for blood."

"Yours?" I question, wanting to know what we're dealing with. 

"The Italian mafia, sì."

Nodding, I check my gun and get a positive on enough bullets. This will be so much fun. 

"Are we going in?" I ask him and his eyes scan my frame intensely. 

"Try not to get killed," He says.

"Careful there, might actually seem like you care," I tease him and he scoffs, grabbing my wrist he pulls me along and I ignore the fire that ignites under his touch. 

Both of us are drenched to the fucking bone, it makes his hair fall onto his forehead and the sight is too hot to comprehend. Shaking my head when we find a door, I need to be at my best, these guys aren't messing around and I fucking know it. 

Xavier opens the door and gives me a warning glare, I roll my eyes at his attempt and walk behind him into the eerily silent building. Right as I manage to think how this is too quiet, a scream rings through the air and both Xavier and I hurry in the direction. 

The sight that meets us shocks me, Marc is tied to a chair, blood trickles down his multiple open flesh wounds and I inch closer to him instantly. Dead bodies are scattered all across the open space in the deserted warehouse, the stench of blood slaps me in the face. 

Xavier has taken another approach and is slowly finding a way into the darkness, probably searching for a way behind the guys who are doing this shit. 

Tucking the gun into the thigh band again, I decide to play innocent. Running towards Marc I throw myself onto the floor in front of him, "Oh god! Babe! Are you okay?" 

My panicked and pained voice cuts through the silence in the building and Marc nods weakly at me, he probably knows what I'm doing and I need him to stay quiet right now. Releasing the tight rope on his hands, I go to his feet next but I'm cut off by footsteps coming closer. 

My hands fight to make it on time, before my arm is roughly pulled away from him. 

A man stands in front of me with a sinister smirk on his gross face, his hands are covered in blood and nothing on him appears to be wounded. I must have lured the leader out here, into the open, right in front of me and probably in plain sight from Xavier. 

His hand roughly grips my cheek and I slap it away from me, "W-who are you? What do you want? Let my boyfriend go, please!"

"Well aren't you a pretty little thing," He tuts and takes a step closer to me, I take one more away from him and he only inches closer. Come closer, bastard. Allow me to kill you and get to your men afterward. "Dating this weak and pathetic excuse of a man? Sweetie, you need a real man to tell you how things should be. I bet I can make you come better than he ever could."

My neck longs to tilt to the side, but I try to spot Xavier before doing anything rash. My fingers itch to kill this man in front of me, I probably shouldn't though. Right as I am tempted to look away, Xavier appears in my line of sight and smirks at me, the devilish smirk of his has me feeling empowered. 

Even more than I did before. 

Xavier starts killing men who spot him, the leader in front of me doesn't realize what's happening right behind his back. He's too enthralled in what he could force me to do and I enjoy that Xavier gets his peace and quiet to slaughter every last one of them.

Looking at the creepy man in front of me, the panic in my eyes is all an act and I put my hands up between us, "I don't want you to touch me like that! Ever!"

"What a shame we don't always get a choice in that matter, huh?" He questions and a bile rises in my throat. 

These fucking vile creatures are out here, roaming the streets and hitting up girls. I despise them! I've met too many of them ever since I came into this life, but I also know playing a submissive girl can lure them out. Exactly like I did with him. 

Men are fucking stupid. 

Xavier nods his head at me in the distance, his black eyes pierce into my own and I know what he's conveying. Looking at the man inching closer to me with that predatory look in his eyes, I tilt my head to the side with a dark smirk on my face. He stops his movements and the confusion is written clearly in his eyes. 

"I'm Eloisa Martinelli, in case you want to know the name of the woman who took you down."