❝ chapter twelve ❞

Start from the beginning

"Not were. I am your boyfriend. And for you to ask for Kevin really pissed me off. You remember him and not me."

My throat went dry as I look away from him. "It's not my fault."

I heard him sigh. "I know."

"We can still try it out—try us out—and see how it goes." I suggested.

"Try it out?" He chuckled. "And what makes you think it's gonna work?"

"We don't have to, if you don't want to. Seems like we been together for a long time and I wouldn't want to ruin that and hopefully I get my memory back so I could go back to normal." I shrugged slightly.

"I want to." He put my hand in his. "I can't lose you again."

"Again?" I raised a brow.

"You and Kevin were both drunk and, uh, you cheated on me with him—that explains why he's the father of your son."

"Oh," I looked at him sadly. "I'm sorry, I'm sure I never meant to cheat on you on purpose."

"It's alright, baby." He chuckled. "But, it wasn't completely your fault, I was causing problems too. You probably got tired of me."

"I'm sure that's not true." I did a small smile as it got silent, in which I broke few seconds later. "How did we meet?"

"You were my housekeeper."

I scrunched up my face, "I was a housekeeper?"

"After Kevin kicked you out, one day, you were sitting on the concrete in front of our driveway with Taylor sleeping on you. Then, my dad saw you and offered you the job basically."

"Speaking of Taylor," I started. "Where is she? I've been asking for her, I don't think you guys answered me."

He suddenly looked uneasy and his face expression changed. That worried me. "She got killed."

My heart sank and my headache came back. I felt my eyes get watered. "Sh-She got k-killed?"

He nodded. "Her father kidnapped you and her and a lot went down, in which I don't know since I wasn't there."

"Why would he kidnap us?" I cried.

"Hey," He caressed my hand softly. "How about you relax a bit and get some rest. This is too much for you all at once." He wiped my tears.

"I think I've had enough sleep." I shook my head.

He chuckled softly. "It's good for you right now." He stroked my cheek. "Just close your eyes."

I did as he said and he started singing to me. He sounded so beautiful. I opened my eyes and stared at him. I felt butterflies danced in my stomach as he smiles at me and continued singing.

I leaned forward a bit and brought my lips to his soft ones. He grabbed my cheek gently and carefully, kissing me back. He bit on bottom lip, pulling away. I smiled and closed my eyes again, hoping to fall asleep. Once I felt him let go of my hand, I quickly opened my eyes again.

"I'll be here all night, don't worry."

°°°°°'

We sat in a booth after ordering our food. We were currently getting lunch. I was released from the hospital earlier and I wanted to fill in my stomach with junk food. I'm still having problems remember people's name and small things and such. But, I'm getting  a little better than yesterday. I remember conversations I had with Chresanto and my doctor earlier.

"You start your therapy session tomorrow." Chresanto informed me. I nodded and looked at the baby on his lap, trying to remember his name and who he was. "This is Jay—"

"Don't tell me." I cut him off.

The more I try to remember his name and who he was, the more of a headache I gain. I sighed in frustration and a tear escaped out of my eye. I quickly wiped it.

Chresanto got up with the baby and sat next to me. He placed the baby on my lap and he instantly smiled at me, touching my cheek.

"Mama!" He said in excitement.

My heart fluttered. "He's my son."

Chresanto smiled and nodded. "His name is Jayden. and he's one years-old. His father is Kevin."

I pecked his lips. "Thanks."

"Zonnique?" I heard a manly voice.

I turned around and to see Kevin approaching our table. I gave Chresanto Jayden, who put him inside his stroller, and got up. I went to Kevin and hugged him tightly. He hugged me back with a confused look on his face. I laughed a little and kissed his cheek.

"I missed you." I said.

He raised his eyebrows. "You missed me?"

I smiled and nodded. My smile quickly faded once I saw he had a scar on neck. "What happened?"

"What you mean, what happened?" He chuckled a little. "I shot myself, remember?"

After Chresanto finish setting the plates on the table, he approached us and wrapped his arm around my waist.

"You shot yourself?" I furrowed my eyebrows. "You tried committing suicide? Why would you do that?"

"Why are you acting like you don't remember shit that happened?" Kevin question.

Chresanto said, "She's not acting."

|• Chresanto •|

After explaining the whole situation to Kevin, he smirked. "So, she doesn't remember you? And she remembers me from when we dated?"

"Don't even think about it." I stated firmly through my teeth.

"Alright," Zonnique stood between of Kevin and I. "I'm hungry, can we start eating?"

I nodded and Kevin's smirk is still plastered on his face. "Mind if join y'all? I'm sure I'm not interrupting anything. Plus, I need to spend time with my son."

"No." I growl. "Now, move along."

But, Zonnique smiled widely and said, "Sure!"

vote and comment for next chappie ♡
Sorry guys, my internet is once again down.-__-