❝ chapter thirteen ❞

|• Zonnique •|

"Can I help you?" I asked the girl standing before me when I opened the door after her loud and impatient knocking. She looked familiar but I can't put my finger to it.

"Move out of my way." She spot.

I raised a brow, being caught off guard by her rudeness. "Who the fuck are you?"

She jerked her head forward and scrunched up her face. "What the hell? What kind of question is that?" She laughed, though I don't recall saying anything humurous. "Helllooo," She snapped her fingers in my face. "Jessica Parks, remember?"

I gasp. "Oh my gosh, Jessica Parks! I am a huge fan of your work. I saw pictures of your photoshoots in several magazines, they're gorgeous! You're really an inspiration, I bet a lot of people look up to you." I smiled, sincerely. "You're even more beautiful in person!" She really was.

Her jaws dropped and she looked surprised. She looked at Chresanto, who just appeared next to me. "Okay, what the hell is going on?"

Chresanto shrugged and smirked. He leaned against the door frame and crossed his muscular arms over his chest. "I believe Zonnique just gave you a compliment and exclaimed how she's proud of your work. People usually say thank you."

Jessica rolled her eyes and turned to me, doing a quite noticeable fake smile. "Thank you."

Chresanto pulled me closer to him and put his arm around my shoulder. "What're you doing here?"

"I heard you're doing an audition for models to be in your new music video, but we both already know I don't need to audition. So, how about we start talking business." Jessica smirked.

"See, this is where you're wrong." Chresanto laughed sarcastically. "What made you think, even if you auditioned, I was gonna pick you?"

"Because," She traced her index finger down Chresanto's chest. Chresanto caught her wrist immediately before she goes down further. "We both know what I have to offer."

"You're just giving me more reasons why I shouldn't pick you." Chresanto said. While I just stood there, watching the scene unfold. I was confused than ever. "Well, it was nice for you stop by. Don't even audition, you're not getting chosen."

Her face flushed and she rolled her eyes. "Whatever, your loss."

"If you say so." Chresanto shrugged nonchalantly. He closed the door and turned to me. "I'll explain later, but it's time for you to get ready for your shrink."

-

"First, we're gonna talk about your parents," Dr. Coleman stared. He looked like he was in his late 20s, early 30s. Chresanto was outside, waiting for me. Even after I told him he could leave and I'll call him when I'm done. But, he refused and decided to wait. "How exactly do you feel about them?"

I scrunched my face. "I thought I was here to help gain my memory back. How is my feelings towards my parents will help?" That's a subject I certainly didn't wanna talk about.

"Well, you have to open up to me for me to help you, Ms. Pullins." He chuckled. "How about you tell me what you remember."

I sighed. "I know my dad left me when I was five. My mom became an alcoholic and started doing drugs. I remember walking home from school one day—my mom couldn't afford to buy me a car— and two boys raped me." I said, with no emotions at all. "I remember my mom kicked me out for getting pregnant, then my boyfriend at that time took me in and helped me with child." My eyes than watered, "I just found out that she got killed."

"Do you remember how?" He looked at me carefully.

I shook my head. "No. But, my boyfriend told me we got kidnapped by her biological father."