❝ chapter two ❞

|• Zonnique •|

.

"We want you to take him home with you." Dr. Hill, who once again called me this morning asking me to come to the hospital, told me, tapping his pen against his clipboard.

"You want me to take him home?" I raised a brow. "Why can't Jessica take him home?"

"Because Jessica Parks have a busy schedule, Ms. Pullins, meaning she won't have the time to take care of him. But, I'm assuming you'll do." He shrugged slightly.

"Isn't he the one that's supposed to decide who he wants to take care of him?" I questioned.

"Not exactly." He shook his head.

"But, Dr. Hill, I have a kid to take care of." I pointed at Jayden, who was laying in his stroller.

"Well, make that two." He smiled at me. "I'll get a nurse to get him ready."

I sighed and nodded before he walked away. I sat down as I started getting nervous. Why I don't wanna take Chresanto home? He wants nothing to do with me! So, what's the point of taking care of him if he's just gonna hurt me and make me jealous of him and Jessica's relationship.

But I have no choice.

"Suck it up, Zonnique." My conscience told me.

A nurse came out, pushing Chresanto on a wheel chair. She rolled him out for me all the way to where my car was since I had to roll Jayden's stroller.

After buckling Jayden to his car seat, I helped Chresanto get in the passenger seat. I was about to put his seatbelt on for him but he stopped me. "I got it."

I exhaled before nodding slightly. I went around the car and got in the driver's seat. I put on my seat belt and drove to my small home. It wasn't as big as the house Chresanto and I had back in Boston.

"Why didn't they let Jessica take me home?" He glanced at me.

"She have a busy squedule."

When we arrived at my house, I helped Chresanto get down the car before getting Jayden out. Chresanto rolled the wheel chair by its wheel to get inside. He sat on the couch and looked around.

"A-Are you hungry?" I asked him.

He shook his head. "I just need some water, please."

I place Jayden inside his baby walker and went to the kitchen. I took out a water bottle and gave it to him when I went back to the living room.

"Here's the remote," I gave it to him. "If you wanna watch TV."

I went back to the kitchen and decided on cooking. I couldn't really focus on what I was doing, knowing Chresanto's sitting not too far from me. I kept glancing at him. But, he was too focused watching TV to even notice. We both didn't say a word to each other.

°°°°°'

I walked in the house, both my hands occupied with groceries. I had left Jayden at home with Chresanto. I slowly closed the door behind me. I set the bags on the table. I furrowed my eyebrows, hearing a female's voice in the living room.

"Um, who invited you in?" I asked Jessica as she stared down at me.

"Chresanto was hungry so he called me to bring him food," A fake smile played on her lips. "You're not doing such a good job taking care of him."

I furrowed my eyebrows. Chresanto came in on his crutches and stood by her. "I have a son who's much more important."

She scoffed. "Whatever, I'm leaving. Bye, Chres." She kissed him for the longest then pushed right past me and slammed the door.

I locked the door after her then mumbled, "Bitch."

"Don't talk about her like that." Chres said, defending her.

"Are you serious?" I asked in disbelief. "She came to my house, disrespecting me. So, I have every right to talk about her any kind of way I want!"

He chuckled. "You're jealous."

I was a bit taken back. "Jealous? I'm not-" I cleared my throat. Of course I'm jealous. "I'm not jealous."

He laughed slightly. "I never forgot one thing about you, Nique. I remember every single thing about you. I still know when you're lying, when you're hurt-"

"Where are you going with this?"

He shrugged. "Don't think for one second that I don't know when you're lying. I still read you."

I sighed. "Well, stop."

"I can't." He stared at me. "Why'd you do it? Why'd you cheat on me? You said you loved me and you went-"

My eyes watered. "Can we not talk about this?" I bit my bottom lip as my throat became dry. "It doesn't matter anymore. You moved on to someone better and you're doing better that's all that matters right now. So, can we please not talk about it?" A tear rolled down my cheek. It hurts knowing what I did and caused.

"It hurts facing you right now, Zonnique." He started. "It hurts being away from you. It hurts knowing we could never be the same."

I look down and rubbed my arm. "You don't have to stay here if it hurts so much. I'm sure Jessica can fix her schedule and make time for you."

Before he could say anything, Jayden started crying. Great timing. I took it as my cue to walk away. I went to Jayden's nursery room and saw him sitting up, bawling his eyes out. But, stopped once he saw me. I picked him up and fed him.

Someone rung the doorbell. I never told anyone my address, so it surprised me. I hoped it wasn't Jessica again. I put Jayden inside his crib and went to see who it is.

"How'd you know where I live?" I asked, flatly.

"I came to see Chresanto." Bahja said. "We heard he got into an accident. I would like to know how he is."

"He's fine." I did a fake smile. "Thanks for coming."

"Can I see him?" She rolled her eyes.

What the hell happened to Bahja?

I inhaled and exhaled before stepping aside. "He's in the living room." She walked past me and I closed the door after her.

I hang with Jayden in his room until Bahja left. It felt like I've been in here for hours. When I heard the front door close, indicating that she just left, I walked out. Jayden was fast asleep once again.

"Why'd you tell her where I live?" I asked Chresanto, who was drinking a bottle of water.

He shrugged. "She wanted to see me."

"Chresanto," I started. "You have a great life. You're famous, have amazing fans and supporters. You have a great girlfriend that makes you happy. But, I don't need and don't want to be apart of it. I wanna be alone; away from everyone." I bit the inside of my cheek and paused. "Everyone critized me for doing what I did; getting pregnant by a married man, cheating on you. The last thing I need you to do is tell them where I live. I don't need anymore of their criticism."

"Running away is not gonna solve shit, Nique. You'll just end up hurt. No one's happy being alone." He sighed. "You need to know what you want."

"I want to move on just like you moved on from me." I let out a shaky breath as a tear rolled down my cheek. "'Cause it hurts that I'm still fucking in love with you."

vote and comment for next chapter.
I meant to update earlier but this whole chapter got deleted ( I dunno how ) and I had to rewrite everything.

Jessica is on the side or up.