❝ chapter twelve ❞

|• Zonnique •|

The handsome guy that was once stroking my hand, stopped. The room got quiet and it seemed like everyone froze. I painfully try turning my neck to look at the unfamiliar faces in my hospital room. They all looked at me, in shock and sadness.

I couldn't take the silence. I asked in my faint voice again, "Who are you g-guys? Where's Kevin and Taylor?"

Before anyone could do anything, the doctor came in and asked to speak with my parents. My mom and my dad stepped outside with the doctor. Why was my parents here? Last time I check, my father left and my mom kicked me out.

The handsome guy got up and stormed out of the room. Why was he mad? None of us did anything wrong. The girl with the pink hair sat on his seat with an adorable baby boy in her arms.

"Can you tell me what's going on?" I was on the verge of crying.

"I'm Bahja." She said and paused, looking away from me. She tried collecting herself before looking back at me. "I'm your bestfriend. This," She pointed at the baby. "This is your son, Jayden. Also Kevin's. That was Chresanto holding your hand, he's your boyfriend---"

"My b-boyfriend?" I was confused. "No, no. Kevin's my boyfriend and we live together with his parents and Taylor." I don't believe her. "Where's Taylor? I need to see her."

"Um," She shifted uncomfortably on the chair. "Uh, Taylor---"

Before she could finish her sentence, the doctor came back in, followed by my parents.

"You have a memory loss due to your coma," He stated, looking down at his clip board. "We recommend you to go see a therapist to help you gain your memory back. We also recommend a lot of bed rest until your body heals and less talking because your throat is extremely sore, to heal that, we require you to drink a lot of water."  I nodded in understanding. "You'll be released tomorrow."

I nodded again and thanked him before he walked out. My parents approached me and I immediately went cold.

"Honey, we're so sorry that this happened," My mom started.  "I hope---"

"I don't wanna hear it." I closed my eyes, due to the sudden headache I just gotten. They just nodded and my mom caressed my arm before they leave. I sighed.

"You guys were on good terms," The pink haired girl, who I just forgot her name, spoke. "They apologized and basically y'all left the past to be the past."

"Hard to believe." I muttered, opening my eyes, being blinded by the bright light of the room again. "Can you call him? The boy that sat next to me, I wanna ask him why he left."

"He's your boyfriend." She reminded me. She paused and stared at me sadly. "You don't remember my name, do you?" I shook my head and looked away from her. This is frustrating. "It's Bahja."

I nodded and furrowed my eyebrows. "What happened to me?"

"You got hit severely by a truck, and you went into a coma." She said and stood up, holding the baby in her arms. "I'll step outside and call Chresanto."

"Who's that?"

She sighed. "Your boyfriend."

I nodded and closed my eyes again when she stepped outside. Few minutes later, the door opened, making me open my eyes as the guy came back in and sat on his previous seat.

"I'm sorry for whatever I did to make you walk out," I said, my voice barely above a whisper. He just stared at me and didn't say anything. "Bahja told me you were my boyfriend and---"