Chapter 24

*MYLES*

I kissed Chance goodbye as he drove off. My smile disappeared as soon as I walked down the walkway. Nathan's text got me worried. "Hey, I love you, Myles", that text didn't sit with me very well. My wrist began to burn as I slowly felt a black hole consume me. The deeper I went as I got closer to my house. My heart raced faster as I felt something wasn't right in the pit of my stomach. I ran towards the door and immediately opened it. I threw the plastic bag on the table as I closed the door. The house was eerily disturbing. The silence was sinister as I saw patches of dark clouds fill the house.

"Nathan!" I yelled out.

No response.

I ran upstairs when my heart sank. The door to the bathroom was creaked open as steam came out. I walked slowly as I tilted my face with curiosity. I held my chest as I felt a part of me was ripped out. I noticed a puddle of red water coming out of the bathroom when my eyes opened wide. "Nathan!" I yelled. I ran towards the bathroom. I didn't know what I was going to witness but as soon as I opened the door. I fell back as I covered my mouth in mortification. The bathtub was a crimson red, I only saw this in horror movies but I was in shock. My breathing was reckless as I saw his lifeless body floating in the oxblood pool of water.

I crawled towards the bathtub as it felt I had boulders stuck on my legs. I couldn't hear my cry. It was like a stir of echoes. "Why, Nathan! Why!" I yelled as my pants were drenched in blood water. I pulled his lifeless body out of the tub as I laid him on top of me. His eyes were still open but had a white film on top of his dull gray eyes. His lips were purple and his skin was a pasty gray. I closed his eyes as I cried and hugged him. I hated him for doing this. His body was rigid almost rock hard. I stared at the horror styled bathroom as my body held him. I was in complete shock. I didn't know what to do. I just wanted to hold him and never let him go.

I felt my heart slowly form a protective barrier around it. I felt a dark glass protect my heart. A dark cloud formed around me as I held my brother, my best friend. I was pinned in the bathroom with him until I heard the front door open.

I honestly don't know how long I've been holding Nathan but I heard footsteps coming upstairs. I looked up as my mom yelled in terror. My dad followed and ran towards me. I saw my mom crying on the floor as my dad ran towards me.

"Nathan! Nathan!" His words choked as his face turned in tears.

I was paralyzed and didn't feel anything. My dad tried to yank Nathan away from my grip but that's when I reacted. "No! He needs me, he needs me!" I yelled as my dad finally yanked him off me and put him on the floor. He held me closer to him as he cried with me. "Let me go!" I kicked and screamed as he held me in a powerful grip.

"Myles, he's gone," he said calmly as he held me in place.

I glanced up as I saw my mom approaching Nathan's body. "My baby boy, why did you do this," she kneeled close to him as she picked him up and cried. Her cries echoed throughout the house.

My dad finally called the ambulance as they arrived and took Nathan. My mom fainted as my dad put her on the couch. He had to hold me as they took Nathan on the gurney. I kicked and screamed but my dad held me. I saw the black bag he was in. "He can't breathe, he can't breathe, let me go!" I yelled but my dad held me tight.

The ambulance left as my dad tried to calm me down. "Myles, he's gone!" He held my shoulders as I cried in pain.

He pulled me into a tighter hug and cried with me. I cried and cried all night. I finally fell asleep. I wanted to take a long nap like Nate but I had to think clearly and now wasn't the time to do that.