Chapter 36

*ATTICUS*

Myles left within ten minutes after closing the door in my face. I waited there and he rushed past me when he opened the door again. His eyes were full of pain and I hated myself for doing this to him. I hated Harper for once again burning my love. My heart hurts but now I feel a coat of rage form around it. I hated this feeling, it's like she knew Myles would be walking in on us and how the fuck did she find my room? I seriously need to put that restraining order once and for all.

He left without saying a word to me but actions speak louder than words, right? Now, I'm alone in my bed, tossing and turning. The emptiness of my bed is what I feel inside and that shit doesn't go well with me. I never felt a void inside me, not even when Harper and I broke up. It was like an empty void sucking me dry. I wanted Myles beside me, his warm, his velvet skin, his crystal blue eyes, and his sweet kisses that light me up when he's by my side.

I finally managed to get a couple of hours of sleep but the morning sun came upon the horizon. I fell asleep on the couch because being in my room was like a prison, a dark hole of sadness. I stared into the unknown as my mind was blank but then it got jumbled with different emotions. Fuck, I needed to get myself together. I finally peeled myself off the couch as I rubbed my face. I stared at the bright sun coming up quickly, I felt no brightness inside. It was like the shadow of the moon, dark and gloomy.

"Get out of your head and fix your shit, Atticus."

I quickly stood up and went to take a quick shower. The hot shower helped. It removed the filth from Harper's kisses and her touches. I put on a pair of sweat pants and a muscle shirt as I walked into the kitchen. I brewed some coffee as I waited there in the complete silence of my luxurious space. I didn't feel happy, the piece that makes me happy is gone. I looked at the table where I signed the contract. I scrunched my face when I saw it was empty. No contract. I swear I left the contract on the table? Or did I?

I walked over to the table as I felt a nauseating effect brew inside my stomach. I looked at the bottom of the table to see if it fell and nothing. What the fuck, I know I left it here.

I walked into my room as I looked on the drawers by my bed, the bathroom, and even the closet where I know I didn't step foot in. I grabbed my phone when I saw a text from Stephan.

"I'm on my way to your room."

That was like 20 minutes ago. I heard a hard knock on the door as I ran over. I quickly opened the door as he stood there in a suave position with his stupid smile on his face. "Atticus, my man, ready to be the best?" his energy felt forced as he just walked inside. I slammed the door and walked to the kitchen. I need coffee to stand his presence or maybe even a drink.

"You're not still cranky from last night are you?" He asked as he eyed my coffee cup. I rolled my eyes in my head.

"Want a cup?" I didn't want to be an asshole but fuck I never would've been in this predicament if he never came into my life.

He nodded as he sat at the table. I went over and placed the cup in front of him. "Thanks, man," this guy has no heart, he thinks he can play god and hurt people, well not me I'm ending this shit and fast.

I sat in front of him as he gazed into my eyes. His confidence was overpowering, it saturated me with disgust. "I can't find my contract and I need to read it," I asked as he almost spat out his coffee.

"What for?" I saw his hands shake a bit. His eyes trembled and that's when I knew this fucker is on to something.

"Can you show it to me? I know you might have a copy on your phone, nowadays, everything is on our phone, can you show me? Now!" My voice got a bit loud as I saw his Adam's Apple go up and down.