Chapter 8

*ATTICUS*

Fuck, my body shivered as I felt something heavy on me

Fuck, my body shivered as I felt something heavy on me. I slowly opened my eyes as I saw a haze floating in the air. I glanced down and Myles's head was on my chest as his arm was wrapped around me. I smirked. He felt comfortable. I could feel his breathing was calm and tranquil when suddenly he jolted up.

"No, Nathan, No!" He screamed and jolted everywhere as he almost fell off the hood. I grabbed his jacket and pulled him towards me. He hugged my waist as his head was buried in my chest. He cried nonstop and I didn't know what exactly to do. I've had one girl cry on me and that was Harper when her guilt ate her up for cheating on me.

His cry was different, it was full of hurt and pain. He grasped me tighter around the waist. I gave in and wrapped my arms around him. I felt I needed to protect him and make him feel better. How was I feeling these emotions towards a man? It felt good but my thoughts were skewed.

"Who is Nathan?" I whispered close to his ears.

His body tensed up as he sniffled. He didn't answer me as he pulled away slowly. "I'm sorry, I don't know what got into me," his voice cracked as he scanned the area. "Did we fall asleep on top of your car?" He asked as he held his head up.

I chuckled. "Yeah, apparently we did."

"So, who is Nathan?" I asked again. He glanced at me as his blue eyes were irritated from crying. I glanced at his full lips and then again at his eyes. He was so damn handsome.

"I don't want to talk about it," he got off the hood as he fixed his pants and leather jacket. He moved his hair and wiped his eyes. "Can we go now?" He said as he took his phone out of his pocket. "Crap!"

I slid off the hood as I took off the blanket and pillows. I walked around to the trunk and dumped everything inside. "Is everything ok?" I asked as he held his phone to his ear.

He nodded as a faint smile formed on his lips.

"Hey, mom."

"Yeah, I'm sorry, don't worry. I'm fine."

"I'm with a friend," he glanced at me and I finally saw a smile from him. His eyes weren't red anymore, now his blue eyes sparkled like glass.

"I'll be home later."

"Don't worry, I'm fine. I'm sorry I didn't call."

"Ok, love you too."

He hung up as he passed his fingers across his messy hair. "My head hurts."

"Would you like to get some breakfast?" I asked as he aimlessly looked at the haze scattered around us. He rubbed his hands on his arms, his eyes now aligned with mine.

"I just have to get home pretty soon."

"It's just breakfast man," I smirked as he faintly smiled at me again.