Chapter 11

*MYLES*

I slowly opened my eyes but for some reason, I couldn't open my right eye, it stung and I saw hazy. I heard a monitor as I felt someone sleeping on my legs. I gently moved my head down but it hurt. I groaned as my body felt sore especially my sides. I felt like I was hit by a large boulder.

I saw him lift his face from my legs and his green eyes aligned with mine. "Hey, you're awake?" He said in a low raspy tone as he rubbed his eyes.

"Yeah," my throat felt raspy and dry. I cleared my throat as my body was in pain. My face felt sore and my eye was killing me. "Water," I said as he got up and opened the water bottle on the table next to me. I tried to lift my arms but it made my body hurt more. "Ahhh!"

"Hey, don't move I'll give you the water," he placed the tip of the water bottle on my lips as he gently lifted the back of my neck. I felt a tear come down my left eye as he winked at me. He had his handsome smile but his eyes told me he was sad about what happened to me.

I slowly drank some water as I nodded for him to stop. He put the water back and he sat back down on the chair. I glanced around and didn't see my parents. "Where are my parents?" I asked. I noticed the sunlight was coming through one of the windows.

"They've been here since you got here but they left to the police station this morning, they want to find out who did this to you and press charges on them. I told them to get the surveillance from the bar I work at. Your dad was fuming and your mom was crying her eyes out," I saw his eyes got glossy looking at me. I probably look like hell.

I didn't say anything. I didn't want to talk when suddenly I felt his hand grab mine. I felt a jolt in my heart, he makes me feel, something that is foreign to me. I didn't fully grasp his hand, what does he want from me? I just gazed into his eyes, I saw a faint curve on the corner of his lips.

I closed my eyes. "Thank you, if it weren't for you, god knows what they would've done to me, they wanted to ra...." he stopped me from saying it.

"They didn't do it and you're welcome," he smiled. I felt tired.

"Just rest, man. I'm not going anywhere," I tightened my grip on his hand as I closed my eyes. I fell asleep again with a small smile on my face.

*******

I woke up again but it was dark outside, the lights above me were dim but I didn't feel his grip on my hand. I shot up but that was a mistake, my body was sore. "Ahhh."

"Honey, you're ok. Do you need the nurse so she can give you something for the pain?" I heard my mom's sweet voice.

I shook my head as she grabbed my hand. "I'm fine, I'm just sore, where is Atticus?" I asked when I didn't see him.

"He had to go home but he said he'll be back as soon as he can. He has been so attentive to you but sweetie what were you doing out so late last night?" She asked as I glanced at her. Her eyes were puffy as she wiped her nose with a tissue. I didn't answer her.

"Myles?" her voice sterner. "You know I won't survive another heartache, I can't lose ano....," she stopped when my dad walked in with plastic bags.

"Daisy, now it's not the time. Myles doesn't need a reminder," my dad said as his eyes were full of worry. He saw my face as I noticed his blue eyes get glossy.

"I'm sorry sweetie, it's just I can't deal with another heartache please don't scare us like that again," she stood up and kissed my forehead.

"It's ok, mom. I'm sorry I just couldn't sleep, the nightmares are back and I just couldn't go to sleep. I just wanted to walk around the park to ease my mind."