Chapter 12 - The Birthday

Începe de la început

"What do you mean weird? Did you tell her how you feel?" Alex said sitting up from the couch praying that finally they'd have sorted it out.

"No but...she was telling me a story and all I wanted was to hold her hand so I put my hand over hers expecting it to go though but...it didn't." He stopped looking up from his bass at the two boys, their eyes wide and mouths open. "But she tried to touch my face and that hand went right though me." Disappointment in his voice.

They all just stayed in silence for a moment, this was even weirder than when they could all hug Julie. But that was all of them and not just one of them or one hand.

"Ok definitely weird." Luke said drumming his fingers on his knee.

"It's more than weird." Alex said standing getting on his cat walk. "Guys what if we're guardian angels?" Luke and Reggie both laughed at him. "Ok no hear me out, Julie thinks her mum sent us to her to help right? What if Livie's mum and dad made it so we were in her life? It's a bit of consequent don't you think?"  

Ok now he had the other boys thinking, what if he was right?

After dinner Ray and Sarah sat in the living room chatting and the girls slipped off to the studio to find the boys.

"So how you feeling now?" Alex said as she came over to sit between him and Reggie on the couch.

"I'm ok, I just miss her I guess, today just kinda reminds me of all the things she'll have get to do with me." She let one tear slip down her face that she quickly wiped away as the group looked at her.

They sat in a comfortable silence for a moment all thinking about the things they'd lost and the things they'd gained.

"I bet she's so proud of you thought." It was Reggie who broke the silence for a change. He went to put a hand on her knee but it went right though making him fall a little. Ok definitely weird all the boys thought looking at each other, Julie was the only one who didn't know what happened last night. "I mean not everyone gets asked to play at the best country club in Hollywood." He sent her warm smile trying to lighten her mood.

"He's right, have you told Sarah yet?" Luke asked as he stood up for the chair he was slumped in.

"I haven't had a chance really, but I will." Her eyes glossed over to the piano in the room and she had an idea for something that might make her feel a little better, a song she wrote for her mum. "Do you mind?" She said to Julie as she walked over to it.

"Of course not, but I thought you only wrote songs on your guitar?" Julie said following her over taking a seat next to her.

"Full of surprises me." She said lifting the lid and running her fingers over the keys.

The boy all wondered over leaning on the piano looking at the two girls. None of them had heard her play the piano before. She got nervous looking at them maybe it was a bad idea.

She looked at Julie remembering all the times they had been in here together learning to play with Julies mum.

She took a deep breathe and began to play having to really concentrate for a minute before she got the feel for it again.

I've seen the sun crash into the ocean

And paint the sky purple and pink

I've seen a star shoot out of the night

And burn up before I could blink

Snowflakes and diamonds

Daises and lightnin'

We'll never take it all in

She couldn't really look at any of them as she played, this was the most really song she'd every played. She couldn't look at them as tears ran down her face.

So why do we close our eyes

When we pray, cry, kiss, dream?

Maybe the most beautiful things in this life

Are felt and never seen

She'd set them all off, Julie was a mess sitting next to her.

I've seen a picture of what this world looks like

Looking back down from the moon

Satellite photos like brushstrokes and bangles

All shades of skies green and blue

Meltin' and swirlin'

Peacful and twirlin'

Heaven's already around us

So why do we close our eyes

When we pray, cry, kiss, dream?

Maybe the most beautiful things in this life

Are felt and never seenNever seen

I, di, di, di, di, di, di, I'd, di, dum

All she wanted was to see her again, see them both again.

The only way I know

Any of this might even be trueIs the love I feel for you

The love I feel for you

I, di, di, di, di, di, di, di, di, dum

She could finally look at them now she'd stopped sing and was just playing the piano. She looked at the boys in front of her. They were the most beautiful thing that no one could see.

As she stopped playing she let her hands rest on the piano for a minute.