Chapter 31

Hannah's POV
Branching out. The thought of doing it was intriguing. I wanted to, I really wanted to test this theory she had. The problem was I was still this scared little girl inside and the bottom line was, I was too concerned with every little thing.

I walked into math, silently dreading it. I sat at my desk and noticed that something was out of place. I small figure hovered next to me. I glanced over to see smaller feet in black shoes, and black leggings. I looked up from my phone, something I used to hide behind all to often.

Once I made eye contact with this girl I saw how short she was compared to me. She was in all black and had dm dark brown hair. I smiled at her and she reciprocated it.

"Anyone sitting here?" She asked gesturing to the desk next to me. I shook my head not saying anything. It was like the first day of school all over again. I was too scared to speak, afraid to make a bad impressions.

"What's your name?" She asked setting her bag on the floor.

"Hannah you?"

"Morgan." This was it. My chance to branch out. Even if we weren't going to be friends, which because it was me, we wouldn't be.

"Where did you move from?"

"Montana." She said with a laugh. "I moved from nothing to this so." She trailed off still stifling a giggle.

"Montana always seemed cool." I said.

The teacher walked in interrupting our small conversation. It wasn't anything special, but it was a start.

'Baby steps Hannah.' I said to myself knowing very well that I had a chance.

Walked about my day, class to class still think of my mom. And Cal a bit, but mostly my mom. It was the end of the day and I was walking through the hallway which seemed creepier than usual.

The lights were dimmer and I couldn't see anyone else. Carter emerged from around the corner and stared at me. He crossed his arms and watched me walk towards him.

I kept my head high, sucking in all the shame I felt.

"How's life been?" That was unexpected.

"Okay I guess."

"As good as it gets without us right?" Well that was rude

"Better actually."

"Doesn't seem better."

"Because I'm not lying and hiding the pain." He was taken a back by this and his eyes grew wide. He shook it off and resumed on a different topic.

" I actually liked you YA know." He said standing in front of me. I just nodded not wanting to say anything. "But you gave it up didn't you. Could've had the best boyfriend, the prettiest friends, the popularity. You had it all Hannah, but you gave it up. dropped it like it was nothing, like it would better you. We all know it won't help you, I've seen you, you look terrible, worn out, your personality has degraded you to the point where everyone knows you're a bitch. What else can go wrong with you. You're a walking train wreck and it's about time you see it."

Well that took a turn. A hint of pain came over me, not enough to show, but just enough. Surprisingly I cared what he thought even though I had always despised him before.

"Hey ass!" I heard a voice across the hall. I turned to see Morgan walking towards us. " you think you can talk to people that way? We all know that you are compensating for the fact that you are nothing and you know it. Like you harass other people bc you are terrified of it yourself. It won't make people like you. Also there is this thing that people say. WANNA know what it is?" Her sass was amazing.

"What shorty?"

"Haha best you got?" She asked. " they say that guys who are ass holes have small dicks. Is that why you do this? Bc you are compensating for your tiny little friend? Explains why your ego is so big." Carter was pissed. No one has told him off this way. "This girl," she said gesturing to me, "she is amazingly beautiful and smart. So you and your issues can leave her alone or you'll have to answer to my wrath. Got it?"

Carter just nodded and practically ran away. I have never seen him so scared in his life. "What a pussy." Morgan mumbled.

"Thank you." I managed to say.

"No problem. We should hang out sometime. You seem like a great person."

"Yeah of course. I'd like that." I said smiling.

"Cool! Well I need to go." I'll see you tomorrow!"

" thank you so much Morgan." I said. She just nodded, as if it was nothing.

I ran to my car and sped over to Calum's. I knocked on his door frantically and opened it. I mean after all it was unlocked. I ran over to him in his yard and practically knocked him over.

I jumped on him, wrapping my legs around his waist. I dug my fingers into his hair and kissed him hard.

He immediately responded licking my bottom lip. I let him in tilting my head slightly deepening the kiss. Passion ignited within me setting a flame loose.

He buckled his knees and sat down on the grass. I got onto my knees and rested myself on his lap. I could feel his excitement but ignored it. He leaned back and I laid on him. His hand caressed my thigh while the other held my waist. One of my hands moved under his shirt.

I felt his abs, his solid torso barely moving in this ordeal. He rolled me over so he was on top. His lips never left mine and I was in heaven.

I pushed him up and he looked confused. He rolled next to me and I rested my head on his chest.

"Hi." I said. He just laughed.

"Nice to see you too." My fingers traced his abs, following every line.
"So what was that about?"

"I think-" I paused "I think I made a friend." I smiled knowing that things were going to get better. I branched out and it has so far gotten me somewhere.

__________________________
Oh my god I know I haven't updated in forever and you all probably hate me and I am so so so so so so sorry bc I suck and I know. anyway I haven't proofread BC it is late but I will later. I really hope you like it and I am so sorry it took so long. Please vote and comment it might help me update sooner! You guys are amazing and if you haven't already check out my other fanfics. Ily all!