Chapter 9

Hannah's POV

I woke up to the sun peeking through my eye lids. I didn't want to get up so I rolled over to get away from the sun. I nuzzled my head into Calum's chest... CALUM'S CHEST!

My eyes flew open ad there I was wrapped in Calum's arms. As shocking as I was to learn that I slept like this all night, I didn't want to leave. I felt safe and warm and at peace.

I wriggled out of his grasp and went into the bathroom. I looked at myself in the mirror, and God did I look awful.

At this point I was wide awake so I walked back into his room to grab my phone. I descended the stairs towards the kitchen. I spent a good 5-10 minutes trying to find the cups. I finally found cups but all I saw were sippy cups with Dora the Explorer on them. Cool Calum, very cool.

I filled it with ice and water and took a seat at the island in the middle of the kitchen. I checked my phone to see my inbox bursting with new messages.

Kate: Where the hell are you?

I am seriously so worried about you.

Hannah seriously are you ok.

Respond!!!!!

I quickly typed back not wanting to be a horrible person and let her worries continue.

Me: I am fine. I am just staying with a friend.

Kate: Who???

Me: You wouldn't know him ;)

I scrolled through the rest of my messages, most of them being the same. "Where are you?" "Are you okay?" Why did so many people care?

I heard the front door open and I froze. I glanced at the kitchen clock to see that it was noon. I jumped a bit when a voice boomed through the house.

"CALUM!!! GET YOUR LAZY ASS OUT OF BED!" It was Ashton.

"Yeah we have a practice. We want to see the new songs you wrote about that gir-" Michael was the next to speak, but he stopped when he saw me.

"Me? Thanks." I responded dryly as I turned back to look out the window.

"Hannah? We didn't know you would be here." Ashton said apologetically.

"Neither did I." I peered out the corner of my eye to see Michael raiding Calum's fridge. A girl walked down the stairs and I assumed her to be Calum's sister. She silently nodded to the boys and left, getting into an awaiting car.

I heard a low rasp groan come from the room over. My head popped up and I saw a groggy Luke rub his eyes as he strolled into the kitchen. "Hey Hannah," he said squeezing my shoulder as he walked by. "Is Calum not up yet." His hand reached to open the fridge.

Ashton took a seat next to me, his mouth full of cereal. "Nope. Only Hannah was when we got here." Both Luke and Ashton seemed to have taken a liking to me, but Michael didn't. He was icing me out, not looking at me. Not responding when the others brought my name up. I don't know what I did to him, and it hurt to think I wasn't what he liked.

Uggg.. my mind always reverted back to being perfect in everyone eyes. I never can be and that eats me away inside.

Michael was looking at me blankly when he abruptly stood up. "I'll go get him. Meet you guys in the basement." And with one last look to me he went to retrieve Calum.

"Hannah would you like to watch us?" Luke asked expectantly. "Our band practice..." His voice trailed off.

"I- I don't want to impose." I stuttered.