Chapter 12

Hannah's POV

I was screwed. 100%, fully and totally screwed. My mind debated with my heart, a seemingly on going battle, but this time the subject had changed. Follow my heart and go with Calum, or follow my status and go with Carter. Maybe I shouldn't go, fake an illness or something. Knowing me and my luck that would be worse than going with one.

I walked around all day, class to class, trying to decide what to do, with no avail. I didn't know who to go to, Julia and Kate don't know about Calum. I am not close enough with Ashton, Michael or Luke. My dad would be no help, plus he probably wouldn't be home. It is times like these where I long for a mom even more.

I drove myself home and collasped on my bed. Sometimes it was all too much. I picked up my phone and called the only person left. My cousin. She lives a few towns over and doesnt know about the act. Not like she would care.

The phone rang and I heard her voice at the other end. "Hey Hannah!"

"Kira, I need help." I could hear the panic behind her voice after that.

"Spill." I started from the very beginning. How all these years I have felt so trapped in a palstic covering, pretending to be perfect. I told her about Calum, and how he moved away but is back. I went into detail about how Calum and I have connected, and how I am myself around him. I went on and on, until I finally hit my probelm.

The whole time she was silent, dropping a few 'mhm' here and there. "Hannah, I had no idea. What is more important to you, Calum, or a reputation?"

"That is why I called you! I have no idea, and I am freaking out because I don't want to screw it all up, and I don't think I can lose either part." I twirled my fingers through my hair, a habit I had when nervous. I pulled my lip between my teeth, another nervous habit.

"Well, Hannah. I have an idea, if you don't want to lose both, but it may require some truth bending," she said.

"You mean lying.." I trailed off.

"Nope," she said popping the P. "I mean truth bending." That night we were on the phone for a while, her and I both devising the perfect plan.

****

Hannah's POV

It was Friday, the day of home comming. I had already started the plan earlier this week. Tuesday I called Calum and told him when I talked to my dad he said we had a family thing. He sounded a bit disappointed, but he said it was fine. Kira's thought was that by the sounds of Calum and his personality, he wouldn't go without me. So she said blowing him off woud be safer.

I then went dress shopping with Kate, and Julia finding the "perfect" dress. It was an aqua blue color, kinda short, but prett casual. Both the girls were over doing hair and makeup.

The clock read 7:30. I began to regret this. I just don't want to go in general, not with anyone, especially Carter. The doorbell rang and Kate lept in the air and ran down the stairs.

"You could say she is excited." Julia laughed, shaking her head.

" Excited doesn't begin to describe it." I smiled following Julia down the stairs. I walked into the entry hall and there Carter was. His jaw dropped slightly as his eyes widened.

"Hannah, you look.. just... beautiful." He said unable to get the words out.

"Thanks." I said blushing. I expected some comment implying something about himself, but nothing came.

We climbed into his car, Carter and I in the front seat. Within no time we pulled up in front of the school. I got out and we strode, with linked arms, into the school. I walked into the gym and our group found a table to set our stuff at.