22 ❀

*SEPTEMBER 4TH 1993 (Friday)*
-KATIE'S POV-

"are you ready yet?" anna asked walking in the bathroom "almost i just have to put this clip in my hair" i said struggling because my hands were so shaky "here let me help you" anna said putting the clip in my hair "thanks" i said "you're welcome, we better get going before andy leaves us" anna said laughing causing me to slightly laugh.

we got to school and everyone was looking at me, like i was new "you okay?" anna asked snapping me out of my thoughts "yea i'm fine" i lied, eventually the boys caught up to us and started making conversations with each other "i have some pills, hopefully you don't od this time" i heard, i stopped walking to look around and find who said that while everyone kept walking 'your minds playing tricks on you, no one said that' i thought over and over "hey, you okay?" benny asked holding my shoulder causing me to snap out of my thoughts again "yea i uh thought i heard something" i said walking towards the group.

today feels weird, i feel like everyone's talking about me or making fun of me 'no one's thinking about you, you're just overthinking' i thought, i was now on my way to lunch with anna when i heard someone say "you're looking a little sick, i would give you some pills but you might od" and apparently i wasn't the only one who heard that "excuse me?" anna asked "anna forget about it" i said "no this asshole thinks it's okay to say something like that" anna said getting mad "it's okay, i can take it anna" i said "whatever" anna said walking to the cafeteria, i sighed and walked to the bathroom.

-ANNA'S POV-

i got to the cafeteria and noticed katie wasn't with me, i sighed and sat down with the boys "where's katie?" benny asked "i don't know, i think she thinks i'm mad at her" i said "why what happened?" yeah-yeah asked "i don't know some guy said to katie that she looks sick and he would give her some pills but she might od" i started but got cut off by all the boys "what? who said that? wtf" was all i was hearing "i don't know but when i stood up for her she told she can take it and i said whatever then walked here assuming she was behind me" i finished "well we have to find her" benny said freaking out, the boys packed their things and we walked around the school to look for katie.

-KATIE'S POV-

i just finished washing my face when i heard the bathroom door open "katie?" i heard "yes?" i asked "its phillips, you need to see this" phillips said "okay i'll be out in a few" i said looking myself in the mirror one last time, once i walked out phillips hugged me "are you okay?" he asked "yea, you?" i asked hugging him back "i'm alright but i have to show you something" he said sounding nervous "okay" i said getting nervous, we finally got to our destination which was my locker, but it wasn't normal, there were pictures of me with drawings of pills on top of it and writings calling me a bitch, i stared at them and started tearing up, i ripped them all off and started crying in phillips' chest "you're gonna be okay katie" phillips said trying to calm me down but i continued to cry "why would people do this?" i asked stuttering "i don't know kat, i genuinely don't" phillips said still hugging me "what happened?" i heard benny yell from down the hall, i didn't bother looking up and i assume phillips showed them the pictures because i heard everyone getting mad and felt anna hug me "you're gonna be okay" anna said "i just wanna go home, alone" i said grabbing my things "are you sure?" benny asked "yes i'll be fine" i said walking out and walking home.

once i got home i ran to my room, luckily no one was home, i got to my room, locked the door, and just started crying with princess cuddling with me, i feel like that's all i've done lately but i don't really care, i just cried and cried until i fell asleep.

-BENNY'S POV-

"you think she'll come tomorrow?" smalls asked as we were walking to my house "i hope so" i said looking towards her house "i'm pretty sure anna can convince her to come" smalls said patting my shoulder "yea i'll try" anna said from behind us also looking at katie's house "try your best" i said "jeez okay" anna said laughing then walking to katie's house, once she was gone smalls started talking again "are you guys still together?" he asked "i don't know, we never officially broke up" i said "uh technically you guys did, through text" he said "that counts?" i asked "i would assume so" smalls said walking inside of my house.

-KATIE'S POV-

"come on katie, when's the last time you got out of this house?" anna asked "i was literally at school today" i said "do you really wanna isolate yourself forever?" anna asked again "anna, it hasn't even been 24 hours yet" i said "just please come tomorrow, i don't wanna be there by myself" anna said "just bring ethan" i said "he's busy" anna said "i really don't wanna watch them play baseball" i said whining "and i don't wanna watch my bestfriend sulk in her room all day with her puppy" anna said petting princess "ugh fine, when is this stupid scrimmage?" i asked "9:00" anna said getting excited "in the morning?" i asked in shock "no, at night, yes in the morning" anna said sarcastically which made me laugh a little "fine, you sleeping over tonight?" i asked "yes ma'am" anna said grabbing her clothes and heading to the shower.

*SEPTEMBER 5TH 1993 (Saturday)*
-KATIE'S POV-

"today katie" anna yelled from downstairs "jeez okay" i said walking downstairs "who's dropping us off?" i asked "andy" anna said walking outside, i said bye to my parents and walked outside to andy's car.

we got to the park and everyone was warming up "how is this a scrimmage if they're not a real team?" i asked anna referring to the boys "don't ask me that question" anna said "let's go sit down on that bench" anna said pointing at a bench in the shade "perfect" i said walking towards the bench (btw the park they're at is the park the boys played at in the beginning of The Sandlot), we sat on the bench and watched as the scrimmage started.

-BENNY'S POV-

"benny, your girls here" i heard squints say, i look up and seen katie talking to anna on a bench "someone's blushing" squints said teasing me "shut up squints" i said turning my attention to the field "you look at her just like wendy looks at me" squints said again "you mean how you look at her?" yeah-yeah said correcting squints "shut up" squints said which made me laugh a little, i looked back at katie and seen her put her head on anna's shoulder, she caught me looking at her so i quickly looked away.

-KATIE'S POV-

"aren't you guys supposed to be playing?" anna asked as the boys walked towards the bench we were on "we are but this bench looks comfy and this is almost over" DeNunez said causing me to playfully roll my eyes "plus, bennys up to bat" ham said watching benny, i turned my attention to benny as well, he looked concentrated, the boy from the opposite team pitched the ball and benny hit the ball pretty far but one of the boys caught it and passed it to another boy, this went on for a few seconds then i heard ham yell "pickle" which made all of the boys watch that from up close, me and anna laughed because we both thought the boys were gonna try and help benny.

the boys ended up winning and we were heading home now "well this was fun but i really gotta get back home" i said nervously laughing "can we come over?" anna asked "no" i said quickly "i mean not today" i said nervously again "but probably tomorrow, if not tomorrow then probably next week" i said walking off.

-BENNY'S POV-

"why's she acting so weird?" squints asked "i don't know, she's never like this" i said "well she's been like that ever since she got out of the hospital" anna said "what should we do?" timmy asked with tommy copying him "we should see what she's hiding" i said "so we're gonna stalk her?" anna asked "no, yea kind of" i said "how? her window is pretty high up" squints said "no shit sherlock" yeah-yeah said "that's why we're gonna look from my window" i said in a duh tone.

"okay can you guys shut up now? you guys have been arguing since we left the park" i said causing squints and yeah-yeah to stop arguing, i rolled my eyes and walked in my house with everyone following.

"this is weird" anna said "what is?" bertram asked "this" anna said "how?" i asked "i don't know maybe because we're stalking our bestfriend through
your window" anna said sarcastically "i mean everything looks normal but we need to know for sure, anna you go to her house tomorrow and see what she's hiding" i said "dingus how am i gonna do that? she's home 24/7" anna said "she's going out with her family tomorrow night" i said "how do you know that?" anna asked "because she's been doing that for a while" i said causing anna to roll her eyes "fine whatever" anna said.

a/n: do not call me handsome if you ain't gon hand me some of that badunkadonk😩